Good Paintball gun and accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I have finally gotten around to do some paintballing now that 3 or 4 places popped up around where I live. I asked a friend what kind of gun, hopper, tank, barrel, and mask to get to start me off. Heres what he recommended:

-Smart Parts Ion
-PMI Nos 48 cubic inch, 3000 psi nitro tank
-Hopper either a Halo B or an Eggy 2/3
-Mask (Didnt say what to get but suggested one that wont cause fog ups and keeps my face cool)
-Barrel (Said its accurate enough with the stock barrel and wont need one unless your shooting really, REALLY far)

I have a maximum of $800 to spend on everything needed to go paintballing, I am starting from scratch.

Dont try to sell on doing airsoft instead, I did that for a while and it just wasnt worth the money!

hmmm i used to be really into paintball a little while ago. i still know whats up in the paintball scene too kindof haha so yeah...i can tell yo uthat with a budget of 800 for everything an Ion is a great choice. theyre light, fast and cheap as dirt. i say you get the ion, tank, halo b (not eggy) and a nice thermal mask. With the remaining money i suggest you but a freak barrel kit or somthing along those lines and just random upgrades for the ion. or paint. paintballs mad fun though im glad to see new people getting into it

I bought a used Tippman 98 w/hopper, 12oz tank, and both the stock barrel and a flatline for $60. Its ugly, but I can shoot someone precisely in the *** from 150 geet away.

I guess what I'm getting at is you mind is your best weapon, not your gun. The best gun in the world won't give you a shot unless you move around so when getting started focus on learning, but then I suppose personality plays a part too. If you feel talented at sniping, gets a gun that reflects it, if you feel more like a machine gun type person then vice versa.

bum said:
I bought a used Tippman 98 w/hopper, 12oz tank, and both the stock barrel and a flatline for $60. Its ugly, but I can shoot someone precisely in the *** from 150 geet away.

I guess what I'm getting at is you mind is your best weapon, not your gun. The best gun in the world won't give you a shot unless you move around so when getting started focus on learning, but then I suppose personality plays a part too. If you feel talented at sniping, gets a gun that reflects it, if you feel more like a machine gun type person then vice versa.

well it really all depends on what style of splats hes playing.

are you playing woodsball or speedball?

tippmans arethe **** for playing in the woods, but since he wants an ion it sounds to me like hes more into tournament style paintball. and honestly, yeah, your gun does make a big diffrence. ions are good because they are fast enough to compete with the 1000+ $ guns, while if you had a tippman...you would get torn to pieces pretty much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom