good movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
STRANGE DAYS -- My favorite film. So favorite that I only watch it once a year. On new years eve.
Set in the year 1999 during the last days of the old millenium, the movie tells the story of Lenny Nero, an ex-cop who now deals with data-discs containing recorded memories and emotions. One day he receives a disc which contains the memories of a murderer killing a prostitute. Lenny investigates and is pulled deeper and deeper in a whirl of blackmail, murder and rape. Will he survive and solve the case?
"you know you want it"

TheMajor said:
That movie is a waste of time.

I watched Strange Days recently; it is a strange movie.

Pulp Fiction is one of those movies where you love it or you hate it.
I guess the big turn off with PF for me was that I had one of my freinds rant and rave on about it down to the point when I finally got around to seeing, there was not much left see.

As for Strange Days... The movie does take a 2nd watching. The problem with that films that for the first hour, all you are doing is following Lenny, and you have some other random acts of violence which don't make sence until you are half way into the movie. It's nearly as bad as AKIRA .

Le Pacte des loups (aka Brotherhood Of The Wolf)

In 1765 something was stalking the mountains of central France. A 'beast' that pounced on humans and animals with terrible ferocity. Indeed they beast became so notorious that the King of France dispatched envoys to find out what was happening and to kill the creature. By the end, the Beast of Gevaudan had killed over 100 people, to this day, no one is entirely sure what it was, wolf? hyena? or something supernatural? Whatever it was, shepherds had the same life-expectancy as the red-suited guys in 'Star Trek'. The Beast is a popular myth in France, albeit one rooted firmly in reality; somewhat surprisingly it is little known to the outside world, and perhaps incredibly it has never been made into a movie. Until now... Based on the true story of the Beast of the Gevaudan that terrorized France in the mid-XVIIIth century, the movie aims to tell first and explain afterwards. In the first part, a special envoy of the King of France, altogether biologist, explorer and philosopher, arrives in the Gevaudan region, in the mountainous central part of France. The Beast has been attacking women and children for months and nobody has quite been able to harm it or even take a good look at it. In the second part, our hero Chevalier de Fronsac will not only have to fight the Beast, but also ignorance, bigotry and conspiracy and will rely on two women, one an aristocrat, the other a prostitute, as well as the enigmatic Mani, an Iroquois he met in New-France (Canada).

French film. Watch it in French, Not the English Dub.
And try to watch the Theactical Release version of it. There was some major plot progession changes between the Theactical and DVD Release. Sadly I can only get the DVD Release version of this film down here.

homerj14 said:
i forgot to add demolition man
However they badly dubbed that movie here. They changed the Taco Bell references to Pizza Hut. And it was very baddly done.

Also the DVD release was cut down here. It was one of those movies that where the cinema release was different.

Law said:
If you like war movies, see Full Metal Jacket, Enemy at the Gate, Gettysburg, Band of Brother (series), Black Hawk Down, Patton, Saving Private Ryan, Tae Guk Gi:Brotherhood of war (the north korean war), Downfall (last few week of Hitler's life).

The Patriot is good.
Full Metal Jack is good like Law said.
Red Eye isn't bad. Just saw it on HBO

My Dad taped the whole series of Band of Brothers off of HBO. Says he is going to watch it some winter day, but hasn't yet.

Beavis and Butthead do America is very funny

I can't forget dumb and dumber. Dumb and Dumberer sucked don't watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom