Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
amd 64 3200+ (venice)
corsair 3200 (2x512) 2-2-2-5
asus A8N SLi deluxe
evga geforce 6800 gt
seagate baracuda 160gb 7200rpm sata

is that good?
and if i overclock the cpu what speeds could i get out of it?

thnx for your help

Yes, that is adequate for most gaming. For stability at using stock cooling, 2.4GHz would probably be best. I've seen it running fine at 2.8GHz and if you want to break the barrier to the 3GHz range, it would be best to have that thing water cooled. Might I also suggest using RAID with the SATA to speed up file storage.

i was thinking about trying to get it to 2.8GHz is there a fan that would be good for that?

also im not entirely sure what raid is (noob) so if you explain that would be great

RAID Level 0 and Level 5 (there are like 10 RAID levels but we don't care about the other ones) deals with performance gains from file transfer, but mainly Level 0 is most simple. It requires two hard drives of the same size (preferably) and same interface (SATA). Basically, data is broken down into chunks that are spread out across two or more hard drives which result in nearly twice the data access speed. However, if one hard drive fails, the other one does too. Think of it like one hard drive, but you are actually using two.

RAID was primarily used for redundancy for disk mirroring (backup). If one fails, the other drive has the exact data backed up already. RAID level 0 does not have fault tolerance which is why the most popular RAID setup is Level 5 in which you get performance and fault tolerance at the same time

thx for the quick replies and i think i will get another hard drive eventually for RAID but for now i'll just stick with that i have and do you have any suggestions for a fan that will keep my cpu at a good temp while i overclock?

adequate for most gaming???? what the hell thats a 16 pipeline video card and amd 64, i think it would be adequate for all the games out there in the world, more than adequate.

Back
Top Bottom