Good free FTP app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmartFTP isnt free. Have never tried WinSCP. So i cant comment on it. FileZilla is really easy to use adn it is cross platform. It has a Linux version as well on the client side.

Why would anyone willingly use IE ;)
OMG people use IE willingly?! Plashamy! :p

I use the FireFTP extension (Makaveli213 beat me to suggesting it. >.<) and I really like it. it works right inside a firefox tab so there's nothing more than a couple kilobytes to install and I especially like that I can export the data so that I can use it on a different computer as I tend to do web design from both my home and notebook systems.

SmartFTP isnt free. Have never tried WinSCP. So i cant comment on it. FileZilla is really easy to use adn it is cross platform. It has a Linux version as well on the client side.

The trial of SmartFTP is fully functional.

I don't actually know the difference, but I used the "trial" for years without a problem.

Filezilla...really easy to use, I'd disagree. Its a program that doesn't seem to behave very intuitively to me.

WinSCP is a god to me. Built in editor, can send shell commands, and pretty much anything else.

See i am the opposite. I tried SmartFTP and it was more difficult to work than FileZilla. I got that figured out in less than a minute.

Thanks guys i will give filezilla a go. oh an carnage for gods sake get rid of IE that things a load of..... well lets just say its a load an keep it like that.

Thanks guys i will give filezilla a go. oh an carnage for gods sake get rid of IE that things a load of..... well lets just say its a load an keep it like that.

Bah... IE has harmed me not. I have FF/Opera on here t hough, too =P. So if I do wanna switch...I already got a couple more choices =P. And I made FF look like IE7, too xD.

I like the FireFTP extension for Firefox. It's not nearly as powerful as full-featured FTP client, but you can do most of the basic functions.

Otherwise I use CuteFTP 7 Professional. It's by far the best I've ever used.

SmartFTP IMO sucks a lot, very unstable, freezes a lot etc. Core FTP is free but it's also not very stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom