Good for gaming?

G4mer

Baseband Member
Just asking you guys is this budget computer good enough for gaming etc.

Processor: INTEL I5-3550 3.3GHz

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX 6XUSB 2 2XUSB 3.0

Memory: 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Graphics: NVidia Geforce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 2XDVI+HDMI

Hard disk: 1TB SATA3 7200RPM

Sound: 8ch ALC887 HD AUDIO S/pdif toslink

And anything to change? :)

Re: Good or gaming?

It really depends on how you define "good enough". However I doubt you'll need a sound card, or 16GB of RAM, just get 8GB instead at 1600mhz speed.
I assume you know that you'll also need an OS, PSU, optical drive, and a case

Thanks for your comments! I didn't include OS, PSU, optical drive and case because I thought they were obvious :)

I expected that but I was just making sure.
How much more money would you be willing to spend (perhaps taking into account my previous suggestions on sound card and RAM)?

Maby like 200-300 euros but Im not sure that do I want to change them...

And you honestly won't need a sound card, your motherboard's sound will be fine.
An i7 would be nice but I'm not entirely sure you would need it for gaming, perhaps a 3570k would be a good upgrade. With any free money I'd also recommend maybe going for a 560ti or a 7850, as it'll make quite a difference to games.

You will definitely be able to play most current games, but if you're really looking to play everything on "Ultra" setting, you'd probably have to get a slightly better GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah thanks! I took a look to the NVidias website and it shows that I can play almost every game with Geforce GTX 560 on high or very high quality and BF3 ultra quality but I might change that to Geforce GTX 560ti. How much more that would cost?

For me the price difference is ~£30-£50 but it may differ for you as you won't be buying from the same places. Btw, where are you buying your pc from?
Look up these 3 cards: the 560ti, the 560ti 448, and the 7850, those are the 3 cards you should maybe be considering

Back
Top Bottom