Good\Bad News

lol, i started laughing when you said you put ice on it, you do understand ice is mad of water right?

and water is not a pcs best friend.

@bullzi all AMD chips from the 2800+ have a thermal protection on them i had a VERY VERY old cpu made in 2000 i belive.
@anubis
i plan on overclocking it as far as i can :D i bought an arctic cooler 64 pro and AS5 and reviews on newegg said that the only thing that limits this cpu is heat. from what i hear you could probaly get it at about 3.4GHz with water cooling before it starts to come unstable. one guy did get a screenshot of the CPU-Z OC of 3.4GHz on air cooling before he shut it down to cool off. its a 65 watt CPU so the arctic cooler should provide enough cooling. i hope i can hit 3.0 by the time the AS5 sets in really well without going over 50c on loads. only problem is i cant bench it on games because i only have a radeon 9250 until i get more money

Nice speeds then for a cheap chip!! ull have to test it on everest and send me the cpu performance ratings ;) so i can compare it to mine out of interest lol

i will that will be the ultimate test for this young cpu but i think mine will beat yours even at a slower clock speeds because yours is Socket 939.

Back
Top Bottom