Going wirless. Simple question

99nasha

Fully Optimized
I want my computer on the internet. I dont want to mess about getting a new modem. I have a speedtouch 530. Now if I were to buy a wireless router could I just plug a network cable that will run from the modem to the router? Will this work? Or is it more complicated than that?

yes, that is right. you can just plug it in. no, i must admit, althought it seems to more complicated, its not. i have wireless, and all you do is connect the router to your comp first, set up the firewall, wep, and the name and etc. and you get your labtop or wireless card, you search, find the name of the router, enter in the wep, and your connected! simple as that!

I suggest remote networking. I have that and I can access my interent service from anywhere as long as I have my DSL modem on. You might need to use a program to setup remote networking, but it's pretty nice to use a computer when your waiting for your car to be fixed or other annoying situations with nothing to do.

you can still share files without any network cables at all as long as pc/laptop etc all connect wirelessly to the same router. and yes as the jac006 says its not as complcated as it sound and looks.
NO WIRES HEYHEY its great!

Back
Top Bottom