Going to build but need major help.

Freedomna

Solid State Member
I was talked into building a computer instead of buying one so now I just need to know from the experts (y'all) on what to add to my new pc please. I currently already have a shell, (HP Pavillion), but I am going to take everything out and replace it.

The aim I have is to build a really good gamer pc and my budget is about 2k USD (but I can flex it slightly higher if need be), so I am focusing on RAM and graphics. Memory is not much of an issue (I have a 750gb external hard drive) so that is a low priority. Thank you for the help!

To start, I would recommend getting a new case. Cases are well worth the investment - better airflow, more space inside, more customizable, plus they look cooler! Also, a lot of big name manufacturer's cases (not sure about hp) don't like motherboards that aren't their own brand. With your budget, you will have no problem getting new case and getting everything else you desire.

To start, I would recommend getting a new case. Cases are well worth the investment - better airflow, more space inside, more customizable, plus they look cooler! Also, a lot of big name manufacturer's cases (not sure about hp) don't like motherboards that aren't their own brand. With your budget, you will have no problem getting new case and getting everything else you desire.

I will look into a new case then, is there anything you recommend?

Can't go wrong with something like this:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 - Newegg.com
^This one has USB 3.0 and looks pretty cool with the Blue LEDs.

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
A little cheaper, no USB 3.0 support but is a solid case.

Those are both mid-size cases. Not sure how big of a case you want, but I think this one looks pretty cool:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
It has a ton of fans which makes for nice airflow, USB 3.0 ports, and plenty of room for expansion.

Those are just several that I found that had good reviews on Newegg. Best thing to do is get on newegg.com and look around - see if one sticks out to you.

Hope that helps.

Can't go wrong with something like this:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0 - Newegg.com
^This one has USB 3.0 and looks pretty cool with the Blue LEDs.

Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
A little cheaper, no USB 3.0 support but is a solid case.

Those are both mid-size cases. Not sure how big of a case you want, but I think this one looks pretty cool:
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com
It has a ton of fans which makes for nice airflow, USB 3.0 ports, and plenty of room for expansion.

Those are just several that I found that had good reviews on Newegg. Best thing to do is get on newegg.com and look around - see if one sticks out to you.

Hope that helps.
One last question, what are the essential parts I need to build a computer? This is my first time building and I am absolutely clueless.

Case
Motherboard
Processor
RAM
Hard Drive
Power Supply
Video Card
CD/DVD Drive
CPU Fan/Heatsink
Monitor(s)
Keyboard
Mouse

Before you buy anything, post on these forums and we will make sure that everything is compatible.

I would recommend getting a DVD drive. You never know when you are going to want it to watch a movie, install a program, etc. You can pick up a nice DVD drive for $20. I think it is definitely worth the investment.

Got my computer friend to help me with this list, anyways in the order you gave me this is what I have:

COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper (SGC-5000-KKN1) Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

Kingston HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model KHX16C10B1RK2/16X

SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

-Case comes with power supply-

ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

COOLER MASTER Eisberg 120L Prestige RL-EB12-16FK-R1 CPU Cooler

-Got the rest at home, a DYNEX monitor and rocketfish keyboard and mouse-

Back
Top Bottom