Going to basic soon...any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got out after 5 years in 1 year in korea 1 year in Iarq .. the military is cake ... all I have to say is don't be one of those people that will slit a partners throat to save their own neck .... they are the reason I got out .. good luck

j4ckaL said:
Did you serve in the Marines or something Havok?

If I were to tell everyone here in TF were i've been, I'd honestly have to hunt you all down and um, "Dispose" of you.

And i'd like to keep my membership here friendly. K?

Anywho... it'll be rough, it'll be painful, it'll be many nights of little to no sleep. You will do things, that you will not understand why you are at that time. but in doing al of this, you will gain a personal pride, respect, an totally different attitude and way of thinking when it's all done. It's not about mindlessly taking orders and doing stuff... You wil learn WHY some things are done certain ways, and at certain times. Being in the Military... ANY Military branch, is about a lifestyle change. Period. After basic and AIT your life will be much different than your EVER thought possible.

Congradulations and I thank you for stepping up and helping those of us that are already serving.

Not to mention, you get to learn how to fire assault rifles! woot!

And if your good enough, may-be even a sniper rifle... .50 cal with armor rounds....

HAVOC2k5 said:
Not to mention, you get to learn how to fire assault rifles! woot!

And if your good enough, may-be even a sniper rifle... .50 cal with armor rounds....

Oh boy mr.Jenkins!!! When will I ever get to fire a mini gun sir??

ah little jimmy.......you know...Iv been watching you....and you hand that knife pretty well....Im promoting you to Delta Force and you will be on Black Hawk #2 and you will Man the left side minigun....

OH BOY, THANK YOU MR JENKINS!!!:amazed::D

lol...

On the side note, I bet havock was Gulf war Vet :D

Be the middle man in the middle row, and DONT under any circumstances volunteer for anything.. even if you think its something your going to enjoy.. it wont be!

Thanks everyone for the positive responses and feed-back. After this training, I'll go for my AIT. There is also an Airborne Ranger slot open with some sort of sophisticated training, as my recruiter explained it. If I like the experience enough, I may take up two MOS's. lol, anyway, I'm getting in real good shape. I went from couch-potato 2 months ago to jogging four miles consecutively every day. When I get out, I'll be back at tech-forums sharing my experiences. Anyway, thanks again, guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom