Go Pack!

Sport in the UK is just a way for otherwise stupid people to make one hella wadge of cash, take Wayne Rooney for example. If this country wasn't obsessed with these neanderthals he'd be working in Tesco.
Sport in general - I'd disagree. If you're talking about football I'd agree.

There's many sports that are played in the UK well by dedicated and well-mannered people. Pretty much anything other than football in fact! Badminton for instance is something I've been getting into more recently and I haven't seen a badminton player stomp of the court kicking the opponent when they were fed up... Same goes for many other sports.

It's odd that America is statistically the most unhealthy nation but is still one of the most obsessed with sport.

The problem is that we are obsessed with WATCHING them while we eat our wings, pizza and drink beer -- not actually PLAYING them.

Also just to point out that many of the NFL players are very smart. Most of the quarterbacks in the league are smarter than your typical Americans. I'm not sure if there's any data to prove this but also many NFL players must think so much faster than anyone else while they are in the game. Other than the quarterbacks, many of the other players don't get the credit for being anything but big "neanderthals" but in reality they are all probably smarter than average.

^

Frankly, being smart doesn't matter. At the end of the day you get a job because you need money. Football players are making millions. Who cares if they're dumb or smart? Also, even though I don't follow much football, I am more impressed with the season the Lions are having rather than the Packers.

I wasn't trying to say anything besides trying to dispell the belief that all football players are big brutes running into each other. That is all.

Lions didn't surprise me a whole lot. The past two years they had a decent team and they just couldn't hold it through to the end of a game. Now they are able to play all 4 quarters instead of just 2 or 3 so they are winning.

Agreed. And Matt Stafford isn't getting hurt (or hit) as much. Anytime you go 2 or 3 seasons with one of the first draft picks your going to get good (as long as the front office drafts well - which the lions did).

^

Frankly, being smart doesn't matter. At the end of the day you get a job because you need money. Football players are making millions. Who cares if they're dumb or smart? Also, even though I don't follow much football, I am more impressed with the season the Lions are having rather than the Packers.

I just think that intelligence, logic, reason and free-thought are the most important things in life. Stephen Hawking barely has use of his body, yet he makes very good use of himself.

Agreed. And Matt Stafford isn't getting hurt (or hit) as much. Anytime you go 2 or 3 seasons with one of the first draft picks your going to get good (as long as the front office drafts well - which the lions did).
I think they have a good chance of making the playoffs. Who knows where they will go from there though. Bears are starting to pick up again too now, they might give the Lions a run for their money.

Back
Top Bottom