Go Canada Go

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
http://torrentfreak.com/canadian-pol...piracy-071110/

The Canadian police announced that it will stop targeting people who download copyrighted material for personal use. Their priority will be to focus on organized crime and copyright theft that affects the health and safety of consumers instead of the cash flow of large corporations.

Canadian Police Tolerates Piracy For Personal Use Around the same time that the CRIA successfully took Demonoid offline, the Canadian police made clear that Demonoid's users don't have to worry about getting caught, at least not in Canada.

According to the Canadian police it is impossible to track down everyone who downloads music or movies off the Internet. The police simply does not have the time nor the resources to go after filesharers.

“Piracy for personal use is no longer targeted,” Noël St-Hilaire, head of copyright theft investigations of the Canadian police, said in an interview with Le Devoir. “It is too easy to copy these days and we do not know how to stop it,” he added.

St-Hilaire explained that they rather focus on crimes that actually hurt consumers such as copyright violations related to medicine and electrical appliances.

A wise decision, especially since we now know that filesharing has absolutely no impact on music sales. On the contrary, a recent study found that the more music people download on P2P-networks, the more CDs they buy.

Original Article

What can I say??

The US music and film industry just got shafted bigtime, suck on this RIAA

:D

I'm moving to Canada!!!!

No, not really. But, hey, its a great move.

Maybe this will make the RIAA step down a little since the CRIA isn't backing them in Canada anymore. File sharing is legal in Canada, therefore if the RIAA decides to sue someone over there, RIAA can be sued by the CRIA for anti-trust. At least I think thats how it works, don't quote me.

I'm moving to Canada!!!!

No, not really. But, hey, its a great move.

Maybe this will make the RIAA step down a little since the CRIA isn't backing them in Canada anymore. File sharing is legal in Canada, therefore if the RIAA decides to sue someone over there, RIAA can be sued by the CRIA for anti-trust. At least I think thats how it works, don't quote me.

RIAA is American, cannot sue Canadians.

CRIA is the Canadian equivalent of the RIAA, they hate filesharing. They want to shut down torrents.

Canada seems like a place where no one really cares about what you do as long as it does not harm others. Canada just moved up on my list of top countries!

Canada seems like a place where no one really cares about what you do as long as it does not harm others. Canada just moved up on my list of top countries!

We're second to Netherlands (Amsterdam) about this kinda stuff :)

i thought RIAA was international.

Hell, if they can sue a dead grandmother and 12 year olds who don't even own a computer, then how come they can't sue someone in Canada?

They never enforced Copyright laws on individuals anyways, this was just a public statement.
EDIT: They never said it was legal, they said they wouldn't enforce it. So everyone saying "Canada making it legal ect..." or anything like that is not correct.
EDIT2: Instead they are going after the sites EG: Demonoid.

Back
Top Bottom