Gmail in Real-Time: Google Does The Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Gmail in Real-Time: Google Does The Wave

What exactly is Google Wave? According to this article, it is an attempt to "combine conversation-type communication and collaboration-type communication." Still confused? It's supposed to be an all-in-one service that is a little Twitter, a little Facebook and allows real-time communication, photo and document sharing. It's the everythingamajig!

Later on Thursday, Google plans to publicly demonstrate Google Wave for the first time at the Google I/O conference in San Francisco. Billed as "the e-mail of the future," Google Wave is the result of a multiyear project inside of Google to reinvent the inbox, blending e-mail, instant messaging, photo sharing, and perhaps, with input from developers, connections to the world of social networking

For ANYONE interested in seeing what Google wave can actually do, I HIGHLY suggest you watch their video of the Developer Preview at Google I/O. I was VERY impressed with what Google is going to do with Wave. Although I do suggest the title of this thread be changed to Internet in Real-Time. It's absolutely amazing what we s will be able to do in the future. Best of all, it will be 100% open-source. :D

The Wave

Google Wave? Internet in REAL time.

So, have any of you checked out the preview of Google wave yet? I sat and watched the nearly hour and a half video simply astounded by what it will do. Thoughts?

The Wave

For ANYONE interested in seeing what Google wave can actually do, I HIGHLY suggest you watch their video of the Developer Preview at Google I/O. I was VERY impressed with what Google is going to do with Wave. Although I do suggest the title of this thread be changed to Internet in Real-Time. It's absolutely amazing what we s will be able to do in the future. Best of all, it will be 100% open-source. :D

The Wave

Agreed. I've only watched the first 30minutes, but this is ALOT more than a new Gmail client. This is a new generation of communication. I just love how it all links into one thing, forums, blogs, emails, etc - they all link up in a super efficient, speedy and itelligent way which looks to be very usefull and fun.

I havn't seen one feature i don't like, and i'm no way near done with the video yet.

I really want to see how it will be implemented into things like facebook and even tech-forums, it looks like you should be able to.

Re: Google Wave? Internet in REAL time.

watching video.... blah blah blah... come on get to the point. What is google wave... come on... blah blah blah...

EDIT: Ok the video is like 1.5 hours, I'm not that interested.

Seems like google is trying to wrap all the social networking, IM, photo&video sharing and blogging and wrapping it up in one package? I don't know WTF is it?

I read about this on my phone a few weeks ago and was really interested. Sounds like a sweet/crazy/hard idea. Will this be the future of the internet or do you think it will just crash and burn?

I read about this on my phone a few weeks ago and was really interested. Sounds like a sweet/crazy/hard idea. Will this be the future of the internet or do you think it will just crash and burn?

Depending on how developers take advantage of the open-source product, it could definitely be something that will last a long time. I personally think it will be up to the google community to make this a hit or miss.

^ Cliff Notes Please

A freind of mine is on first name basis with a google exec is australia. He was commenting that some thing big was going to be announced soon. I guess this is was he was talking about.

It's bound to fail, especially with that happy sky 70s theme. They gotta realise that the only reason that microsoft with msn pwns them is due to its design and interface...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom