Gillispe is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm such a huge friggin' geek, I thought you meant Dizzy Gillespie, and I was thinking to myself "But he's already been dead for 16 years..."

EDIT: More funny is right after I posted that, I heard on ESPN radio the exact thing you were talking about. My coworker listens to it...

This isnt any different than how many couaches in the NBA, NFL, NHL among other sports that have lost their job due to not reachign expectations.

I mean how many coaching changes have taken place among those sports the last 2 years? I still dont know who coaches almost half of the teams anymore cause they change coaches so fast.

It is the nature of the business. They want to win. Many people are upset here in Buffalo cause they kept their coach after their downfall last season. Going 5-1 and then going 1-9 the last 10 games.

People want to win. No matter what the cost.

Billy Gillispie out as coach of Kentucky Wildcats in second season - ESPN

Since I'm a UK student I though it appropriate to post it. Personally I don't think its very fair. You need more than 2 years to build a program and they didn't let him have that. I understand teh high expectations we have here, but they should also be realistic. Even for UK some things just aren't possible.

i also heard that he didn't really get along with people and was a jerk most of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom