Gigabyte 6600 GT Temperature Problems

I won't. If it gets above 95 degrees Celcius, it goes back down. That's my personal guideline for when and if I decide to overclock it.

By the way, I made a thread about this, but how do you change the core slowdown threshold that you mentioned before? I can't change it in the NVIDIA temperature settings...

YOu go into your Display Properties. Right-click desktop, go to properties, click settings tab, and click advanced button near the bottom. Then click on the Geforce 6600GT tab. You should see a pull out menu with temperature display, clock frequency settings, etc. Go into the clock frequency settings and select manual overclocking. Now you can freely adjust the bar to raise core clock and memory clock frequency.

Before you do all that though, make sure you have the newest drivers from nvidia.com. I'm sure there are other ways to do this as posted by others. I feel this is a safe way because it's by nvidia.

Edit....I read your post again. The temp threshold cannot be altered. Mine is set to 127 degrees celsius. MSI also told me that 120 degrees should be point to stop. 127 degrees is really pusing it. Can't change that. That's probably the limit the card can handle. What does yours say?

I have the 71.84 drivers, and I don't see it anywhere. That's okay though, don't worry about it.

Whoa, did nvidia just come out with new updates? I don't think I need to download that. It just adds support to SLi and geforce 6200 cards. I'll wait...

Back
Top Bottom