ghost paritions

faith4

In Runtime
i use ghost for making parition files for reformating my pc later if needed to.
but for some cases, if u cant even go into windows, but u can choose how to boot and boot from where screens and can go in bios of course.

so the question is : how do u reformat the the pc using ghost made parititons at boot screen ?

If you've created an image of a computer using Ghost, there is no need to format. Open the image, and it will write over the hard drive with the image on CD. Maybe I'm not understanding......

You have a computer that will not boot into Windows, and want to format the drive and reimage it? Ghost should do all this for you, except power on your computer, if the image is good.

When you create the Ghost CDs, they should be bootable......meaning you should be able to put the cd in the drive, and boot to it, and it will do the rest. Or you may have it setup to where you have to select the image file to open. How did you set it up?

Note: I use Ghost for the same purpose, and I always make mine bootable cds/dvds, in case of a problem, I just boot to it, and it does the rest. Of course, it does depend on how you make an image if it will do this or not, and how much work you have to do.

well, i just go into nero and burn it as a image cd.
and when cd puts into cd drive, it'll load the image.
its that wat u did ?

btw, i was talking about the parition (image) on the HDD itself, and no cd creations.
But i guess burning it to multiple bootable cd's is the only way to boot it automatically.
since the image cant fit into 1 cd....

Back
Top Bottom