GFX Card and temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, I currently have a Asus 6800 GT which as some of you may know has a program called SmartDoctor which controls/shows GPU temperature.

I now have a feeling that this program (and the driver, Asus Enhanced Driver) that it uses may be interfering with 3Ds Max (a 3D moddeling program that is VERY important to me)

Would it be wise to uninstall this program and the driver, my GFX card wouldn't overheat over use would it? Also, any other programs that allow me to moniter the GPU's temp (maybe even monitor the CPU as well)

So, advise me folks.

Go to desktop/right click/propertise/settings/advanced/6800 gt (or what ever your tab is called, the last one.)#

This should come up:
gputemp1ag.jpg

Can't you check the temperature there?

If it isn't overheating in games (getting artifacts) than it wouldn't be a problem not to have one.

For the CPU temperature checker: Everst, MBM5 and speedfan are the ones I can think of, off the top of my head.

Nope, don't have that temp option in my Video advanced tab.

(also, wtf is an 'artifact'. Tearing of objects?)

An error on the screen, like missing tectures, or wrong colours.

I don't know any programs that have that temperature sensor. Speedfan or everst may have it, but you will have to check/wait for others who use them to find out.

I wouldn't bother though. You know what your temperature is, that will give you a guide in the furture if it is a hot day.

edit: Nubius has a program that records the temperature, PM him to see what he uses.

I did a search for it: Rivatuners hardware monitor.

Ok cheers, veering from the subject at hand however I have this screenie.

speedfan4oo.jpg

The flame symbols are not what i would call encouraging. Is my CPU overheating?

Judging by the ScreenShot, your CPU is hot but it is not overheating... yet. That is if the Temp2 feed specifically is showing your CPU temperature (ours does).

What Temp3, 1 and 2 are for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom