Getting video from VHS to Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Getting video from VHS to Computer in stereo

I was wondering what would be a good way to get VHS tapes onto the computer through A/V cables. I'm setting up a video editing computer for my uncle on a budget. I was going to put a Radeon 9600 All In Wonder but that doesn't have A/V inputs just Coax and S video.
Should I just get a A/V to Coax converter or not get the AIW and get a Tv tuner card or get a A/V to usb2 converter?

Also what would I need to get sound in and out in stereo? I would need a real sound card instead of intergrated wouldn't I?

No you dont have to use a TV Tuner card, but I agree its one of the best ways. If your VCR has RCA jacks or S-VIDEO you could buy something like dazzle. Then this way you could hook up other devices that use RCA to it as well. I prefer one of the gizmos that has all of that in one nice package such as ATI's All In Wonder series.

I myself had a ATI AIW and it worked great! but I needed more video card power for my games so had to ditch and bought this http://www.adstech.com/products/USBAV_704/intro/USBAV704intro.asp?pid=USBAV-704 it require a hefty amount of processing power since it goes through USB so make sure you look at the minimum system requirements.

Well I had originally picked out a 9600 AIW but he doesn't want to go through Coax because he said the quality was less. Is this true?

Probably. It's the software that's gonna make the difference in terms of importing your videos. It could be a huge headache or a breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom