Getting the network to the garage

Man, all these old names brings back memories when I had so much more time to post on these boards. Back when I was helpful instead of needy! I still have custom case mods I started years ago on this forum that are sitting incomplete!

It's not a huge issue to pull up as line in the driveway seeing as it's brick. The problem is more that once I start pulling it up I'm going to want to level a lot of areas that have sunk, the previous owner had some heavy vehicles and the driveway could use a face lift. I'm sure underneath is crushed stone or screening which will be easy enough to dig up a line for the pvc. It's just a matter of finding the time before the ground freezes.

I have the Cat5e also, No PVC however but I do have both ends of the pipe the power wires are in, Have a separate breaker box in the garage. My Cat5e IS shielded but not too sure if it will be enough to stop the interference from a 50A service going out to the garage LOL No sandy soil here, just lawn and concrete driveway, May just get the PVC and dig it down about a foot if that far, HMMM So many options but either way I will be doing it in the spring. Still get the house sorted out and then to attack the garage, The seller was literally a horder and a LOT of it came with the house. Out of the basement I did 2 scrap metal runs, First was about 800 lbs and the second was 400 lbs so totaling 1200 LBS of scrap metal and thats JUST out of a small basement LOL You don't want to know how many dump runs I did... And there is a ton of junk in the garage but I have enough room for my lawn equipment snow blowers and my motorcycles so I left a lot of the junk there for the moment.

If you run cable, make sure you get outdoor-rated cable.

Yes. It's really going to be either run the cable, use a crappy extender, or spend on some equipment to throw the wireless signal further, like Ubiquity. Power line adapters with multiple breaker boxes most likely isn't going to work.

Back
Top Bottom