getting split second freezes with buzzing sound ?

ArjunMane

Solid State Member
I request you to read fully to understand the problem thoroughly,

so, I have been having this problem for a month and a half now and I don't have a solution for it. I have looked about it everywhere tried everything but nothin worked.
I noticed this very first while playing a game, at that time I just restarted my laptop and it didn't happen again
after that it became a little frequent but not while playing games but while video playback in chrome for eg: watching online movies and watching YouTube videos.
after some days while this problem being only active on chrome during video playback it occurred again in the game i was playing earlier
now after having this issue for more time, it does not occur in the game nowadays but frequently during vide playback.
pls help me resolve this issue its very frustrating and annoying
is this a hardware/software problem?
will upgrading the ram help?

laptop specs:
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 5300U with Radeon Graphics 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.34 GB usable) 512gb SSD
Windows 10 Home Single Language, version: 20H2

what i have tried:
  • checking for new event under event manager
  • updating sound and display drivers
  • updating bios
  • ipconfig/flushDNS
Note: after the bios update the freeze is unnoticeable but the buzzing sound is still there

my problem's pretty similar to this one:https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...han-1-second-with-buzzing-sound.254961/page-2

Hi ArjunMane, Have you attempted to adjust the power settings? It could be that your battery or power settings may need ajusted. Your laprtop may be set to limit firmware. There maybe running tasks in the background that may need disabled.

Do you experience symptoms other than what you mentioned such as ghosting, and strange malfunctions by any chance? If so, chances are that the battery is defective and may have exploded in the case. I had this same problem with buzzing nioses during video playback and I had to remove the battery and replace all hardware componants because battery juice leaked onto other hardware componants and caused extensive damage.

If all else fails, it could be that your video adapter, power adapter or CPU is failing and you may need to replace it.

Hi ArjunMane, Have you attempted to adjust the power settings? It could be that your battery or power settings may need ajusted. Your laprtop may be set to limit firmware. There maybe running tasks in the background that may need disabled.

Do you experience symptoms other than what you mentioned such as ghosting, and strange malfunctions by any chance? If so, chances are that the battery is defective and may have exploded in the case. I had this same problem with buzzing nioses during video playback and I had to remove the battery and replace all hardware componants because battery juice leaked onto other hardware componants and caused extensive damage.

If all else fails, it could be that your video adapter, power adapter or CPU is failing and you may need to replace it.

thank u for your reply!
i had attempted to adjust the power setting but it turns out i only have the balanced power option available. also, apart from the issue i mentioned above i havent faced any ghosting and strange malfunctions
also note that my laptop is brand new (5 months old) and battery is perfectly fine.

Fix Freezing and Buzzing Noise Issue on your Windows 11 PC
  • Restart Your Computer.
It is highly likely that this error simply happened due to any internal bug or any system service crashing. In such cases, restarting your computer will restart all the background apps and processes and fix this issue.

Now, if you are experiencing this issue, you have two options depending on if you can access your desktop. If the application you were running was frozen but you can tab out by pressing the Windows key or tab out of that frozen application by pressing ALT+Tab then you can restart your computer from the Start Menu.

To do that, go to the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and then clicking on the Power button. Now, from the power menu select ‘Restart’
  • Boot Windows in Safe Mode.
If your computer often freezes and makes a buzzing noise then you can try booting your computer into Safe Mode. When your computer boots into the Safe Mode, it only runs the essential services and background apps. It also uses only necessary drivers. You can boot your computer into the Safe Mode using the System Configuration window.
After the ‘System Configuration’ window opens up, switch to the ‘Boot’ tab and then you will see the ‘Safe boot’ option in the ‘Boot options’ section. Now, tick the box before Safe boot. Don’t forget to make sure that below Safe boot, the minimal toggle is selected.

Then, switch over to the ‘Services’ tab. From there, check the box that says ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.

Lastly, click on ‘Disable all’. After that click on okay and restart your computer. Once your computer boots up, use it for a while and check if you are experiencing any screen freeze followed by the buzzing noise.If you still experience the same issue then you should try other fixes. But after booting into Safe Mode if you experience no issue then this means a third-party application or service is causing this issue. In such cases removing the faulty application will eliminate the issue.
  • Reinstall/Update Graphics Driver.
According to users who also have experienced this issue, often times re-installing or updating GPU drivers has fixed the issue. This indicates that outdated or broken graphics drivers can cause your computer to freeze. To make sure that your GPU drivers are updated, you can use the dedicated driver software such as the Nvidia GeForce Experience or the AMD Radeon Software.

Here, we have an Nvidia GPU installed, and therefore to demonstrate the steps we will use the GeForce Now experience. If you have an AMD Radeon GPU installed then you need to use the dedicated software for AMD GPUs. There is no need to worry as the steps are more or less the same.

First, open up your GPU software by searching for it in the Start Menu search and then selecting it from the search results.Once the GeForce Experience window opens, click on ‘DRIVERS’ next to ‘HOME’ located on the top-left corner of the window.
After your computer boots up, Windows will automatically reinstall the graphics drivers and the issue should be fixed.
  • Clean Your RAM.
If you encounter the ‘Freezing and Buzzing Noise Issue’ very frequently then you may clean your RAM sticks. Sometimes there is an error or fault in connection which can also cause this problem. Therefore, take the RAM sticks out of your motherboard and re-install them properly and see if this fixes your issue. You can also try alternative PCIe slots if it does not work initially.

If the issue is still not fixed then maybe you need to replace your RAM. Bad Memory can cause numerous issues in your computer. Also, make sure that you are not using custom memory profiles for your RAM. You can check this by going to the BIOS of your motherboard.

• Check for CPU Overheating.
If you are running intensive games or tasks that require high processing power then it is possible that this issue is caused by your CPU overheating or thermal throttling. To check this you have to use any third-party applications or go to the BIOS of your computer.
Now, what is the ideal temperature for your CPU to be in while it is running completely depends on which CPU you have. Although, if your CPU crosses 85-90 degrees then it is probably overheating and highly dangerous for your system.

In this case, there are quite a few things that you can consider. You can simply stop running those highly demanding games or applications so that your processor does not go through heavy load all the time. If this is not an option for you, then you might have to provide your processor with better cooling by using an aftermarket CPU cooler. You can also use a better thermal paste to conduct more heat and keep your CPU temperature low.
  • Update Audio Drivers.
Just like the GPU driver, you can use the Device Manager app to update your audio drivers. To do that, first, open up the Device manager app by searching for it in the Start menu search and then selecting it from the search results.Once the Device Manager window opens, click on the arrow before ‘Audio inputs and outputs’.Then, from the expanded menu, right-click on any audio device and then select ‘Update driver’.
A new window will appear. From there, click on ‘Search automatically for drivers’.

Now, if there is an update available, it will be downloaded. You can also check for audio driver updates in the Windows update. After the update your complete, you can restart your computer and the problem should be fixed.

• Perform an SFC Scan
If you do an SFC scan on your computer, it will show you if your system had any broken/corrupted file and will also remove it from your system. To do this, first, open up the Command Prompt window in administrator mode by searching for it in the Start Menu search.

After that, once the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command inside the command line and then press Enter.

The scan will begin immediately and can take a few minutes to complete.

Once the scan is completed, you will see the results on the Command Prompt window.
Now, if there is an update available, it will be downloaded. You can also check for audio driver updates in the Windows update. After the update your complete, you can restart your computer and the problem should be fixed.

If you do an SFC scan on your computer, it will show you if your system had any broken/corrupted file and will also remove it from your system. To do this, first, open up the Command Prompt window in administrator mode by searching for it in the Start Menu search.
After that, once the Command Prompt window opens, type the following command inside the command line and then press Enter.
Once the scan is completed, you will see the results on the Command Prompt window.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez

Back
Top Bottom