Getting Radeon HD 6850... But I only have VGA Monitor! (ADAPTER?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRoo

Baseband Member
Is it possible to buy a VGA(female) to DVI(male) adapter to save a little money, rather than buying a 150-200 dollar monitor that will work with my new video card?

Basicly I need this monitor:
Compaq Q1859 19 Class LCD Monitor - 720p, 1366x768, 1000:1 Native, 5ms, VGA, Integrated Speakers, (Open Box) at TigerDirect.com

To work with this video card:
http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/10/ati-radeon-hd-6850-review/hd-6850-1-l.jpg

Would this adpater work?
DVI-to-VGA.jpg

I'm buying a build-your-own computer which will have the 6850 in it. Once I noticed the prong slots were different than what my monitor offers, I did some researched, and only just now learned the difference between VGA and DVI.

So no, an adapter won't come with it, so I have to purchase the adapter separate.
Thank you for the response!

Slight issue...
Any adapters that you would personally recommend? Anyone?
The one I found an image of (above) says: "Connect your DVI-I Display to a VGA video card. This DVI-I to VGA Display Adapter (M/F) is used to convert a DVI Male connector to a VGA female connector. The DVI to VGA adapter is constructed of high quality materials to ensure dependability."

That sounds like it's made to connect a DVI monitor to a VGA video card... not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom