Getting my mom's car tomorrow!!!!!

im 18 and i dont even have a license yet.....
the reason is because i dont have a car, and i cant get a car unless i get a job, and i cant get a job until i get a car, its a crazy cycle.....

I'm 16 (almost) and don't have my temps yet. driving just doesn't seem like anything to be uber excited about (why pay to go 35 mph down the road when I can get more of a thrill doing that on my bike for less money?) and my parents think I'm weird because of it.

The protege we have must be rigged or something then. It has brilliant handling. Very precise and stable.

How many cars have you driven to compare to? I didn't think they had good handing at all but I haven't driven one. I like driving something that has better handling than 98% of the vehicles on the road :D

yeah and im guessing they lived by there jobs or there was a bus to take them there...

Take a bike

I've driven a couple. I'm not sure by head. It's the best out of those. So, I'm assuming pretty good handling. Then again you bring up a good point, there are cars with much better handling and I just haven't driven them.

I bought my first car at age 16 before I ever had a real job. I paid for it all in full, plus repairs. Granted it was 12 years older than your '04, and the body looked like it had about 500,000 miles on it (engine only had 92,000), but for my first car it was pretty decent. It was a '92 Ford Tempo. I dumped it on my brother 2 months ago for $400 to get a newer car. Paid $500 for the car and another $500ish for repairs, no help financially, with no job...If you are young and understand how to save money you can get stuff you want before even having a job. Heck, I even bought my own notebook for $1300 before having a job as well.

Don't complain about handling until you drive an old Camry. :D Or a Buick Century :D :D

My Focus handles awesome... but I made it that way. It also compresses your spine when you hit bumps.

naw i drove it and wow that thing takes corners like crud. i take a corner in it going like 50 with the speed limit being 30 the damn tires come off the ground!!!! in my brother's 1993 240sx i take that corner at 80 and it takes it like nothing.... it like hugs the ground. and once you get to about 95 in it it feels like it sinks down and feels more safer than driving slow... to bad it only goes to like 120... man i must of topped that car out like 20 times on freeway entrances =\

the mazda is a alright car overall though i like the looks of it and all that

FWD + crap tires + not knowing how to handle the quirks of FWD = deadly understeer.

Back
Top Bottom