Getting more mileage out of your computer or device

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
Sometimes something happens whereby you're deriving more benefit than you had originally expected to get.

I watch videos on my 4" cellphone screen which is okay. My friend is proposing to put these videos on DVD so that I can watch them on my tv screen (btw I also have a blu-ray player).

How the picture will turn out, I don't know. Could be pixelated, blurry or entirely clear. The proposed project would be so beneficial, it's worth a try.

With your computers and devices, have you ever had a pleasant surprise?

Last edited:
Does your cellphone have HDMI out? I've watched vids from my cell to my TV via the HDMI out on the phone and it looks pretty good.

Does your cellphone have HDMI out? I've watched vids from my cell to my TV via the HDMI out on the phone and it looks pretty good.

My phone's a Huawei Mercury and to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't have HDMI out capability. The fact that you're getting a good picture gives me encouragement.

Do you think an adapter exists that would let me watch the videos on the tv?

I don't k now anything about the Huawei Mercury phone so can't say if an adapter exists for it or not. My first guess is that if it doesn't have HDMI or video out then you won't be able to output to a TV.

That doesn't mean that the original idea of copying the vids to a DVD won't have acceptable results.

I don't k now anything about the Huawei Mercury phone so can't say if an adapter exists for it or not. My first guess is that if it doesn't have HDMI or video out then you won't be able to output to a TV.

That doesn't mean that the original idea of copying the vids to a DVD won't have acceptable results.

Yes I agree. I'm optimistic that my friend's idea will work.

Depends on the video quality when first produced, just because it is watched on 4" screen does not mean the quality will diminish on big screen.

Depends on the video quality when first produced, just because it is watched on 4" screen does not mean the quality will diminish on big screen.

Yet another reason why I'm optimistic.

Curious though about the technology. Since the picture wouldn't degrade on a larger screen, I'm guessing the technology somehow compensates for this. Would anybody care to comment?

Back
Top Bottom