Getting error while re-installing audio drivers for my Dell Dimension 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

cico187

Solid State Member
I have been having some trouble reinstalling the audio driver onto my computer. The reason I am re installing the drivers is because there were some errors since I have just cleaned it out completely and I wanted to make sure everything was working since this computer had a lot of problems when I got it, I have installed all other necessary drivers that I got straight from the dell website. I do no know if this is a problem with the hardware or software. I am running Windows XP on an old Dell Dimension 300 is there any other information that I need to provide?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heres a picture of the error message I received, and this driver is directly from the dell website, and its specifically for the machine I have. I did what it told me to do, but still with no success.

Did you use your service tag on Dell's website? Or just searched for your model?
Post your service tag up.

Also, do this:
Start > right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware tab > Device Manager > find your unknown audio device > right click and and choose Properties > Details tab > in the dropdown choose "Hardware Ids" > post a screenshot of this screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom