Getting a new Smartphone

I pay cash for my phones and then I keep them until they die. My monthly bill is high enough without adding a monthly payment to pay for the phone too.

Quality I can comment on is for older Samsumg Galaxy S's. I had an S3 that worked like a bullet until the screen broke last year due to a stupid move. It received calls normally with nothing on the screen so I guess only the screen was damaged. Fixing it will take ~$80 USD so I gave it away to an expat maybe it's cheaper to fix in their county. Now I'm still rocking an S5. The only problem is software support. Apps (important ones, I don't fool around with smartphones) started to not work due to outdated Android version. This sucks. Otherwise it's working like a charm even the camera is sharp with 1080p60 recording supported and with HDR. The flash is working too.

I am glad that year 2021 has seen some really good budget devices and the latest in the 5G segment is Redmi Note 11T with a Dimensity 810 processor. It has good camera quality as well.

HTC one has the best build quality I've ever seen (IMO, better than the iPhone 5)
A NEW member opinion
HTC is still in business? I haven't seen anything from them in years. Just checked... they are still around but barely, and all of their newer phones are not for US carriers. I guess that's why I haven't seen anything from them.

Back
Top Bottom