Getting a new laptop

novahifi

Baseband Member
Because all the machines I currently have access to are all horribly slow and inefficient, I am considering buying myself a new laptop to use for university work.

It would have to be capable of connecting extremely well to wireless networks and to run complicated programming software (eg eclipse with the Togther plugin) with the greatest speed and efficiency.

If there is no way of getting my current laptop to run efficiently, can anyone recommend especially good makes of cutting edge laptop?

Thank you.

some good companies are like

alienware
dell i think

if ur gonna use this laptop for work and stuff any computer can basiclly do that
but if u wanna run more programs at one time multitasking u might wanna think about more ram

All I can say

...........Dont Go Dell.

My girlfriend has a sony Vio and it gets kinda slow after a while...

alien ware?

Have a look at a link lower down called "new laptop" i posted a link in there that will help

hmmm that thread doesn't seem to be linked to this one. Could you please provide a link to it?

Thank you.

May I recommend the DELL inspiron 6400..

Im sat in starbucks with it right now, and I love this laptop to bits..not a bad price as well..

You can get the simple package for £599, which consists of;

Core Duo, @ 1.6Ghz, 512MB RAM, Intel shared graphics, and an 80GB SATA HDD, built in WiFi, and built in bluetooth for an extra £10 I think it was..

I went for the..well, see my specs..

My current latop is a DELL Inspiron 2650. I understand that the 6400 model is a significant upgrade?

Do they come with 1GB RAM rather than just 512MB? I hope to be able to use eclipse on it. What kind of screen resolution can it do?

I KNOW.. By a IBM laptop becuase i work for IBM tech support and will look after you if you have a hardware problem. www.lenovo.com Now if you are wondering why i entered in lenovo.com and not IBM.com, its because lenovo brought IBM's line of thinkpad machines.. But IBM still looks after the service. SO BUY FROM US..

Back
Top Bottom