Getting a Car Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a fat lady van.

Whatever, I hate to say it, but drive the van... Why make your mom shell out $5000 just so you don't have to drive a dorky car?

Hmm, did a little research.
1998 Grand Caravan, loaded, with 100,000 miles on it is worth approx $5,500.

Talk your mom into selling the van and then you'd have about 10 grand to shop around with. Then you could buy something alot newer that would last you alot longer. ;)

well its either, i get the van, OR i get $5k

I would pay all the difference if i bought something....
the van should last, with new tranny, tires, pads, and tune-up....

im still looking around, and like ideas :)

Yeah, get that, and then you can pay $1500/mo for insurance.

Plus... "Brand new clutch and clutch assembly" after 60,000 miles?! LOL have fun with that torn up car.

The van should work nice. The Caravans are very popular, because they're cheap and convenient. Only CONS i can think of is it's gutless if you have the 4-cylinder model (140HP), and even the uplevel V6 is only 150 or 180 horsepower. Not much for a 4400 pound beast. (BTW, it's a 96, that's when they redesigned it like that).

But for a first car, it's not bad. Gas mileage will be better than bigr5026's cop car. 35 MPG? What a joke. Imports get more mileage. Don't compare your car with an element, because they're ugly as ****.

Back to you Crazy Gamer, get the fan, it'll last another 40,000 miles or so. Enough to get some chicks, or put a bunch of subs/speakers in the back :D

The General said:
Yeah, get that, and then you can pay $1500/mo for insurance.

You mean $1500 per year?? :confused:

Because in British Columbia, Canada, Integra/Civic Ricers cost $1200 per year on insurance.

talldude123 said:
Don't compare your car with an element, because they're ugly as ****.

Hahaha, awesome. Best post of the day and it's from talldude123.

talldude123 said:
You mean $1500 per year?? :confused:

Because in British Columbia, Canada, Integra/Civic Ricers cost $1200 per year on insurance.

No, I mean $1500 a month. For me, a 25 year old with no accidents or tickets of any kind, insurance for my G35 is like $600 a month. I can only imagine what it would be like for a 16 year old to drive a car like that.

Maybe it's cheaper in Canada or something. We have to have $30,000 in coverage, so perhaps the rates are more here? I don't know.

Canada should be more expensive for insurance than America. We get more accidents from Honda Civics than any other car combined :confused:

American's drive that bad? :p

bigr5026: For god's sake, Crown Victoria's are for two people: Coppers and Seniors. Are you saying that you're a senior, fool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom