Getting a Car Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the van and pimp it out, take the back row of seats out, throw down some shag carpeting and a water bed and get a nice sound system.
That is actually a really good idea. My friend did that and put 4 15s in a sealed box he could blow out his windows if he turned it up too loud.

Nah dude, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'd rather cut my face off with a saw than drive a van.

Well, according to your profile you are 16 now, and presumably in high school.

A minivan would be pretty cool for HS purposes. I remember piling 7 people into a 1/4 ton extended cab truck to go for lunch somewhere. It would have been pretty sweet if we could have fit legally, let alone comfortably.

By the way, I don't condone having more people than seatbelts in a vehicle. In hindsight, it was dumb:D

its 7 seats, 98 doge caravan with 100,000 miles on it.
When my family bought it, they got it loaded, so it doesnt seam so old inside wise. (all power stuff)

it gets like 15mpg city and near 20 mpg highway, but that doesnt matter, as i get a gas credit card from my grandparents. :)

its just so big.... :(

98DodgeGrandCaravan.jpg

just dark green, and sports edition. o_O

how many miles could i get out of this for the car people?
new tranny @ 90k mikes

eh... my Ex had that van. Was nothing but trouble.

If it has 100,000 miles on it, then i would say stay away. Get a "new to you" car. I bought my camaro in June 2005 for $4,700 with 58k miles. I have had ONE problem with it since and I've put 18k on it, done some performance mods and still runs great (and strong :)

As for how many miles you have left... that all depends on how well you take care of your cars. Also, when repaired, if you went to a GOOD mechanic (should be YOURSELF) or not. We don't get rid of a car until it is over 200,000 and not worth fixing. The last car we sold was a 95 Jimmy with 175,000. We sold it about a year ago and it is still running. A friend of ours bought it. But, at the same time, you can scrap a car at 70,000 miles.

All depends on how the maintanence was and how well repairs are.

EDIT: And by maintainance, i dont mean cleaning carpets, polishing tires... i mean engine flushes, transmission flushes, oil changes, filters, sparks and wires...

haha i had 2 friends with vans and guess what they were brothers oh man it was the best packing 12 guys in those thing just going around and messing around doing Illegal things.. but yea id say if its all payed for keep it, use the 5k maybe get a couch in there, and get a new rig

bigr5026 said:
go look into a 95ish ford crown vic

LOLLERSKATES!!!!:p

dude that van is not bad at all. def better than a 95 crown vic cop car wannabe.

imho you ride that friggin' van till the wheels fall off and try to save money to help put down on a new-to-you ride.

my best friend had a van in high school. a chevy astro van that we aptly named the "ghetto sled".

he loved it, we loved it, girls loved it. we took it everywhere and there was never less than 6 of us in it. good times i promise.

crown vics are for demo derbys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom