Get Folding People!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to keep folding.

But, there are two things that hold me back:
* my parents don't like a high power bill (more CPU usage = more power used)
* I don't have an air conditioner in my room. and it already gets quite hot, even if my system is just idling.

I agree 100%.

Not so much about the heat issue cause I do have AC and in the winter it's a nice heater.

But I've got two PC's. 1 is mid to high-end and the other is mid-end. It can cost anywhere from $30 to $60 per month to run a PC at a considerable load 24/7.

Yes, sure folding is a nice gesture and it helps a lot. But, it's expensive and DOES put wear and tear on "MY" PC's. mostly from heat. But, still.... We pay a buttload of money for our mid-high end PC's to turn them into folding machines... I don't think so.

Ste if you had the money you would honestly get a whole rack of servers just to fold with wouldn't you... you're to addicted :p

My parents think its great... and my dad is all into the idea cause he's a doctor...

Maybe in another year or two i could convince him to buy another comp lol...

But anyways does this mean i can fold on my laptop, the comp im typing on now, and my high end comp also? Cause i'll do it untill my parents complain about the power bill but as for the wear and tear, both my comps should be fine i think...

I have a comp with an intel celeron cpu... is it even worth folding on that?

and if i can do all these seperate folds can i use the same account?

For older games I let the console run. But for newer games I exit it, since they are more demanding.

Use Ctrl + C to close the console, should be no problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom