George Carlin dead at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preacher said:
Where is my post ?!
I don't get it ?
The rule regarding religion on the forums holds for all discussion, including bashing. While I liked some of Carlin's work, I did not care for all of it... especially when he went in that direction.

Oreo said:
Can't say i have heard of him before
That is just... sad. Carlin is a classic. He was the first guest of Saturday Night Live, and his "Seven words you can't say on television" routine he did brought about the decency rules for radio and television still in use in the US.

This is just sad. People Love Jerry Seinfeld for his junk when Carlin is hte one who started the "normal funny". Jerry just got famous for it more than Carlin. He was great. The 7 words was one of the best shows i have ever seen.

Truly a sad, sad thing to happen. I havent felt this bad since Rodney Dangerfield....

Can't say i have heard of him before, but i just watched a few acts on youtube. Pretty funny.

There might be a chance that you have heard one of his skits and not realise it was him. Like I remember in high school where there one of the students was making references to the "Religion is ********" in religion class.

Have you ever seen the movie Dogma. He playied Cardinal Ignatius Glick. He was also Rufus in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Pretty sad on the moderation side , religion is getting bashed and there is nothing you guys can do about it. Since im a TF member I won't post like that anymore.

touchy touchy....

I will only comment on Carlin's comedy...and that I don't like it...never really funny to me...sort of like Dennis Miller, only a bit better...Miller was truly lame

Seinfeld....now that's funny ;) But different strokes for different folks. Me being a lighthearted guy, I assume Seinfeld's comedy agrees to me...so that being said, people who behave similarly, find familiarity and affinitiy with each other, ie., crude and a bit crass.

On the extreme...(to use as an example)...are some who like Andrew Dice Clay...not funny and not cool

but to each their own

I also love Simpsons, South Park, Futurama....
HATE American Dad and the Family Guy...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom