Geniune vs Compatible

Ok,So im wondering about Printer Cartidges.

Now a set of Cartidges for my printer (Canon Pixma Ip4500) would cost me $100 if i went geniune,but if i went with after market it would only cost me $20.

Are there any dangers regarding buying non-genuine ink? Can it dmage my printer?

As long as it is compatible with your printer, I don't think it should make a difference what you use.

Some cheap manufactured cartridges might not give exactly the same color output as the orinonals . Another option i have used is going to a place like cartridge world who will refill the cartridges for you , and i know that places like this use quality ink . This is slightly more expensive than buying remanufactured but still cheaper than buying origional cartridges

As for remanufactured cartridges damaging your print heads that depends how your printer works because some printers have the print head on the printer permenantly attached but other printers put the print head on the cartridgge , so i would try and find out if the print head is on the printer or the cartridge

Well i think my Printer head may be directly affixed to my printer as this is what is on the bottom of my Printer cartidges,

Untitled-16.jpg

So i still dont know wether or not to.I Don't Really care much about print quality,its just im worried about my printer BUT I Dont really want to pay $90 just for one set.Also if i get my cartidges refilled its pretty much the same as buying aftermarket cartidges because it's still not genuine canon ink.

Though on monday im going to ring Cartidge world and inquire about getting my cartidges refilled and i'll ask them for there opinion too.

I've heard about this, but as long as you can get them refilled, I don't see the big issue.
They may not be as reliable though, as mentioned, but they SHOULD work the same, unless they are made from different materials, which over time, if your not careful, can clog up the print heads.
Just make sure you don't buy seriously cheap ink, but I do agree, the manufacturer's kind are too expensive for how much you get out of them.

We still use a black and white toner printer, and the toner lasts years, and only costs £50 or so.

Some companies like Lexmark, use a chip in some of the carts. If you use an aftermarket toner cart on some of their high end stuff it just sits there like a dumbshit. Others use the chip to determine if you have been using cheap junk carts when you send in your printer for service. They can and will deny warranty service if you have.

The cheap ones can screw up printers, and sometimes you need to do something to workaround "chip" issues. Personally I think refilling your own cartridges is the best way to go.

if you are going to refil your own as oppose to taking it to cartridge world then i would certainly make sure you get the right ink for your cartridges , because from experience i have found that the ink i get for my epson carts is a bit thicker than the one for my lexmark carts. It isnt a huge ammount of difference but when in the cartridge it could have completely different effects

Back
Top Bottom