General Upgrade

iffy

In Runtime
Right guys, I wanna add some memory (RAM) to the laptop and to the desktop system. However, before I do this, I just wanna enquire will this simple upgrade of RAM speed up my computers? If not, what upgrades will I achieve my goal with. The desktop system has 256mb of ram and 1.7ghz processor with a 40gb HD. The laptop has windows vista home basic, with Intel Celeron CPU 540@ 1.86ghz 1.86ghz, 1GB RAM, 32 bit operating system. Can someone also please tell exactly what the processor speed of the laptop is? I'm not clear why it says 1.86GHZ twice. Sorry for being a dumb a ss, not very experienced with computers!

your laptop seems to be duel core so it has two processors basically....ram will give it a speed boost on many applications!!your desktop only has 256 mb of ram??? Maybe increase that to 1-2 g's im not sure how much ure motherboard can hold what board is it???also putting a cheap graphics card in the desktop will help...if your on a limited budget thats he best thing if your not just build a new desktop.

Yes, adding ram will help speed up your computer. 256 MB ram is not alot. The standard is 512 MB.

How old is your computer? I'm refering to your desktop. If it is too old, you may want to consider building an entire new system.

Another pointer for you if you did not already know is that you'll want to make sure the ram you want to install is compatible with your system. It will not work if it is not. Check your computer spects, and search the sites online to find products that match. You'll need the computer's model and serial numbers if you are just adding ram. If you are building an entirely new system from scratch, make sure all the parts you are using are all of the same brand or can work together with what you are using.

PM me for more info if you need it. If you got things under control, then that is awesome.

Unfortunately I am on a budget. But I think I can easily manage the ram upgrade and and the graphics card. I will try and find out what motherboard it is. The system is six years old and the RAM is 256mb. To be honest, I just find a touch slow.

Back
Top Bottom