General-purpose coding language

I started out with C which gave me a good understanding of syntax and loops etc. Then I moved onto object oriented languages like C++ and Java.

I started out with C which gave me a good understanding of syntax and loops etc. Then I moved onto object oriented languages like C++ and Java.

I don't consider C++ much of an OOPL anymore after using C# lol. It's C with object functionality :p.

Even all of my anti-Microsoft/Windows professors agree MS did a good job improving on Java with C#.

I don't consider C++ much of an OOPL anymore after using C# lol. It's C with object functionality :p.

Even all of my anti-Microsoft/Windows professors agree MS did a good job improving on Java with C#.

I've almost no experience with C#, but I'm told that it's "Java done right". :lol: As for C++, well, I'm not a big fan of it to say the least. Inheritance aside I'm more comfortable in Java.

I've honestly wanted to learn c, and someday I will fully understand it hah. as for c#, it being "java done right" is total bull, Java is completely platform independent , it was built perfectly ( with very small flaws )

I've honestly wanted to learn c, and someday I will fully understand it hah. as for c#, it being "java done right" is total bull, Java is completely platform independent , it was built perfectly ( with very small flaws )

Java has so many holes and isn't as friendly as C#. Especially since Oracle took Java over after buying out Sun.

Microsoft improved upon Java with C#; totally not bull. Sure it's platform independent... but Microsoft still knew what they were doing with C#.

Java has so many holes and isn't as friendly as C#. Especially since Oracle took Java over after buying out Sun.

Microsoft improved upon Java with C#; totally not bull. Sure it's platform independent... but Microsoft still knew what they were doing with C#.

I just can't stand how Microsoft took a lot of java ideas and made them their own. but not as much as I hate apples objective-c programming language

I just can't stand how Microsoft took a lot of java ideas and made them their own. but not as much as I hate apples objective-c programming language

Oooh now you're gonna be arguing with TWO mods XD objective-c incorporates all original C functionality, so really if you know c you can technically write a program in "objective c". Up to you if you wanna use the extra functions (which are also all clearly delineated in terms of referencing said functions).

And they have done some things very right, including threading.

Well... that was the whole point. They originally just modified Java to fit their needs, and then Oracle flipped **** on them and sued them. So Microsoft said to heck with it, and made C# which, yes is based off of Java, but they fixed the problems that Java has.

Oooh now you're gonna be arguing with TWO mods XD objective-c incorporates all original C functionality, so really if you know c you can technically write a program in "objective c". Up to you if you wanna use the extra functions (which are also all clearly delineated in terms of referencing said functions).

And they have done some things very right, including threading.

I just hate the syntax it's annoying >.<

Back
Top Bottom