GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX & 3870 X2 3DMark 06 Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
....Discuss

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/GeForce_9800_GX2,_9800_GTX_&_3870_X2_Compared/5614.html
GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX & 3870 X2 Compared

9800vs3870x2.jpg

looks like ATI HD3870 x2 is still the king (in benchmarks)

now lets see a game benchmark

I wanna see a real game, enough benchmarks, someone give me the cards and Ill go play crysis for myself and get screenies for all FPS shots. :p

wow, i cant believe that me guessing that the HD 3870 x2 still has a chance against the 9800 GX2 was in fact true!

looks like Nvidia is finally getting their *** kicked, about time too.

A 76 point difference in one benchmark, 3Dmark06, is hardly getting their "*** Kicked"

Now, if it was the majority of all different benchmarks and a greater point difference, then yes. But it is still way to early to place clear winners.

And for the record, I am a fanboy of no company or manufacturer, I wait till there is an excess of reviews on many different setups.
And even then, not all benchmarks show accurate real game performence.

wow, i cant believe that me guessing that the HD 3870 x2 still has a chance against the 9800 GX2 was in fact true!

looks like Nvidia is finally getting their *** kicked, about time too.

we should consider Gaming benchmarks

but if nVidia loses, I would be so happy, AMD also needs a chance too!!

FWIW, ati cards always do better in 3dmark06 for whatever reason. Note how 2900xt crossfire hit 30k but cant play games for crap. I'll still probably end up stepping up to quadfire just because the gx2 should have a better resale value than my GTS 512's, especially since they have dropped almost 100 bucks each in retail price already since i bought them :(

Those are very interesting figures, but like eveyone else, I would like to see gaming benchmarks for those cards. If what veedubfreak said is true, then I especially want to see more tests because I have had ATI graphics cards and none have ever beaten their nVidia counerparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom