GeForce 8800 GTX review

I have to admit, they seem to have a very nice appearance to them also. Like you know they'll beat everything else out there before putting it into the machine :p

I think if you have the money, its probably the best soloution, offering more for your money really, since it'll play Direct X 9 games, and all of them at great resoloutions, and will hold you out for another 2-3 years of final direct X 9 releases (They won't switch over to 10 in terms of capabilities straight away), and of course Direct X 10 for probably a good while after that!
So, you are definietly saving money buying this card.

That said, I'm going to wait until Viesta releases, and ATI releases their version of the same arcitecture, obviously pushing prices more competitively :p

Plus, since Direct X 10 isn't the same as 9, buying a newer card past the 8800GTX and that, may not offer as much performance in the games as with older versions of Direct X (I'm thinking at least), but of course, as new cards are released, these will become budget, and so prices will drop :D

Imagine 2 of these in your machine though at once?.... I don't think you can.

Though, that'd only matter for Direct X 10 games, because Direct X 9 games, and any at that will run at super high resoloutions/settings, at much higher framerates than your monitor is likely to push out at once, making buying another card at the moment, a waste.

I wouldn't but it right now, i'll upgrade to some other DX10 card in the future. Nothing uses DX10 right now and Vista isn't out, and when they both have been realeased, there probaly gonna be as buggy as hell. So i think it's best to wait for now :)

even if both are as buggy as hell, you can still change game settings to play off of DX9. and these cards kick butt in DX9

Back
Top Bottom