Geforce 8600 graphics glitching

cowdood

Baseband Member
Okay, I've had this problem for awhile now. My 8600 GT (which I recently re-installed drivers for) seems to "glitch" randomly while I'm playing games. It doesn't matter if I just turn the computer on for the day, or if it's been on for hours. When I'm doing anything like playing a game or even surfing a web page with animations on it, the screen will all of a sudden freeze and get all pixely, and a low buzzing sound will play. It's even done it while using the visualizer in iTunes. Here are some pictures (taken with a digital camera) for more detail. Sorry for the size.

3306w3r.jpg

on a website with animated gifs
fk18g4.jpg

same website
xkt538.jpg

assassin's creed loading screen (notice the random dots that aren't supposed to be there)

I have made sure the drivers are up to date, and also that the card is in the slot properly and tightly. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, please let me know. Thanks

Judging from those pics, it seems that you're video card is giving up the ghost. You should contact the manufacturer about getting a replacement under warranty.

That's what I was afraid of.. it's done this ever since I bought it, and they said they can't do anything because it's been over a month. Great... Thanks anyway

That's what I was afraid of.. it's done this ever since I bought it, and they said they can't do anything because it's been over a month. Great... Thanks anyway

im sure the company would try to help you as much as they can even if its not under warranty any more. if its evga at least.

Back
Top Bottom