geeksquad sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp in my area the only computer repairs are done by geeksquad, friggen amish country... Anyways, it isn't A+ as I have an A+, and Net+ cert...

might just be mecp cert. they give you a bill saying what the motherboard would have cost, $463.

i do all my own work on my pc and after this experience, my warranty runs out i'll be learning to work on my laptop too

It isn't hard to work on a laptop, just don't put the wrong screw in the wrong place... I did that a couple of times to a few laptops, screws would jam fans and so on and I wouldn't know it till I would turn the computer on... I hate then a company uses 8 different length screws and they are all interchangeable to an extent... (Sony loves to do this in there laptops)....

I know, i hate geek squad. They suck SO bad. For x-mas i wanted to get my sister an MP3 player. So i went to the future shop, and a geek squad guy was walking around, so i asked him where their mp3 players were. He showed me, then started trying to sell me an ipod touch which i did not want. I already knew what i was getting when i went into the store (checked online). So i told him, no, i already know what i want. I picked up the one i wanted. Then asked him where speakers were, because i wanted speakers for when she was home. I was just looking, then i was gonna order them online for cheaper. I said thanks. Then he was saying that these speakers would not work with it, that i should get another pair, they looked terrible. He said the set i was looking at would not work with the mp3 player, that it was a different jack (it was 3.5mm, and the mp3 was 3.5mm. The set was on a stand and was hooked up to an mp3 player for display. So i ripped off the cover of the mp3 i chose, and plugged it in right then and there. I said, hmm, yeah, your right, this seems not to fit.... He just kinda mumbled and then said have a good day, and walked away.

Yeah i know, that was a long spew. But my point is, these people are idiots, i have not met one that knows his stuff yet.

Hehe while we are on the topic...

Went to Worste Buy today to look at Tax software, and as always I enjoy pretending I can purchase a 40+ inch LCD 1080 TV. So my fiance and I are looking around and a Geek squad guy goes up to an old couple and starts assisting them. This guy was a complete <insert profanity> to these old people. ALL they wanted to do was watch VHS tapes. That is ALL they did with this TV they would purchase, and made it obviously clear to this person.

They asked if it was worth all the extra money for a 1080 if they would only be watching VHS tapes, and if the quality of the tapes would be better on the TV. He said of course they would, and acted as if they were complete idiots in while explaining. ANd i quote "Do you even know what the numbers stand for?" oh and then they said "but we heard 1080 won't make a difference because we are watching VHS taps." The salesman said, and i quote "where in the world did you hear that from?" Old people - "Circut City" Geek squad guy - "Well that makes sense."

Complete and utterly unecessary. This seriously is the reason I hate a lot of large commercial stores like this. They act like they are gods gift to technology and they know everything and everyone coming to them know nothing. I understand people don't know about technology, but is this a reason to treat them like two year olds?

I hate most salesmen in big box stores. They take an hour course on what ever department they are assigned too and think they know it all. I research the **** out of what ever I'm thinking of buying before i set foot in the stores. so all i would like is when i ask where a certain model is you point to it and go hide until I'm ready to buy.

I have been banned from entering a few stores because I ruined sales of theres to people because I would go up to people if i caught someone purposly lieing to them about a product just to make a sale and tell them what they really needed to know and what they should get. Gets rather funny after awhile... Still sucks when I would actualy need something from that store... Bestbuy is still good to buy audio products from for a car...

^ i have not been banned from a store, but once in walmart a sales person was trying to sell norton internet security 360 to an older guy. I went up and told him not to get it, i told him to google free avg download and download that instead lol. (it is legal to download the free version of avg)

I am studying to finish the A+ now and yer right.. most of this I will never remember because i will never use it.
I learned more from screwing my own systems up and figuring out what i did and hands on fixing other peoples systems and on forums than i will from this.
this forum is by far the best one i've ever seen.
the A+ covers from what i would guesstimate 75% old crap you may see now and again that i was raised on anyways and 25% newer information that unless you actually DO you won't remember, I am not knocking knowledge any knowledge is good and it does show a certain proficiency level of understanding or in some cases memorization lol, but no it does not make a tech.
I know ASE certified mechanics that could not hold a candle to this backyard mechanic i know, there are also A+ people that are very good at what they do, but passing a test is a **** site different than staring down the barrel of a loaded screwed up computer.
you cant teach common sense or taking pride in your work.

O YA and some doof wad told my sister at Wallmart she needed her Plasma tv recharged *sigh

Norton reminds me more of a hostage situation than a VP. i use Avast free also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom