Geek squad live chat

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
I was chatting with a geek squad member on a computer issue. I was talking to them on their website on a live chat. They said there software was connecting to my computer to determine the issue. Can there software connect to my iPhone through live chat and be able to access my phone. What kind of technology is that lol

There is software such as TeamViewer that can be installed on your phone to allow for remote access. There's also various VNC derivatives that can be used.

it was probably just their remote desktop viewing software or little system info tool. I doubt they'd be pulling anything from your phone.

most tech support outfits use something like teamviewer or logmein to view your screen with your permission. I don't know what geek squad uses.

TeamViewer does have an iOS version but none of these programs can simply be invoked from their side and connect to your side unless they have something running on your side that you don't know about. In other words, they would have had to already installed something on your phone/computer for them to connect to.

No they wouldn't have. I just needed support on live chat on their website. And they said hang on while we connect our software to your device. I don't really care just don't like that idea. They said they can't connect to mobile phones now only computers

Please don't use Geek Squad. They are a freaking joke. Check reviews to find a reliable local tech support person or small privately owned repair shop. They know MORE and are more helpful, charge less, and you are supporting a small business.

Back
Top Bottom