Gears of War players...question

Szat

Daemon Poster
Everytime I try to update the game through Windows Live via GoW I get a command box with a flashing cursor. I can't type anything in there and nothing ever shows up. I tried downloading it from the GoW site and Gamespot but I still get the same box. The last thing I tried was puting the file into the GoW directory, but I still get the same error message at startup:

To run Gears of War with your current hardware setup, you must install the following software update or updates:
+ Update to Windows Vista to resolve graphics virtual address problems (KB940105)
If you do not install this software, at some point the game will stop and your progress will be lost.

I've been playing the game all day and it did crash once, but Window's Live won't let me access the Live service without my game being up to date. Can someone help me fix this problem?

Yes it is legit, I got it for Xmas. All I get when I try to update the game via Windows Live in the game is a black command box and nothing ever shows up there. The game constantly tries to update every time I log into my Live account. None of the patches from the Epic games site or Gamespot work either. It just gives me the same black command prompt. I must say though, I beat the single player campaign and it was awesome; but I really want to play co-op with my buddy. I need this to be upgraded!

Back
Top Bottom