Gasoline Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'm paying $2.99 a gallon here in Southern California, USA. Definitely an inflation there. This is my first time paying this high for gas. Unfortunately, I'm forced to use Premium so that puts a downer on things. What's everone else paying across the nation or outside the US?

I am SO getting a hybrid when I can drive. I hate gasoline anyways.. we need hydrogen/fuel cells.. fast! And yeah, we have like 2.69 here (norcal), I'm not exactly sure. Varies from station to station.

$2.99? Oh premium... It is $2.65 here in the Valley.. well get used to it because they pay far more in Europe. Hopefully you have a gas efficient car. What we need right now are cars with better gas mileage. Hydrogen cars are very dangerous. You crash it you'll explode half a city block. They still have to perfect the technology.

Hopefully I'm looking at indicators. Recently demand in China has slowed. So that's important. In Alberta they are opening new reserves... perhaps 160 billion barrels of oil... that's more then we have consumed every since we started refining oil. There is definitely a ton of more supply out there. Also they opened up the ANWR for drilling which is important because there is plenty of oil in that area. Only 2% of the area will be affected.

Yeah, Alberta has alot of tar pits, so it's a potential source for oil (Canadian Pride! :D).

Canadians should be very excited about this, especially Albertans.. this could really bring a huge boom to Alberta's economy. 160 billion barrels of oil in untapped reserves.. that's huge.

Yeah ginacarlo, that's why I really like the Prius. That car looks hella good to (futuristic style if you ask me). I really like it.

Lol, I really don't need any horsepower... Our Forester is only like 180HP, and it has never had any problems going off road. Considering the most it would ever do would be driving up to the Sierra Nevada mountains to go snowboarding (all on highway, not off-road), it's enough for me. I can see your point Gian, but for me it would be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom