Gaming Section

All sections are moderated, but I believe that not many mods check out the gaming section. As a mod yourself, you understand that you don't always see the spam especially when it comes in the form of a single post and not a thread. However, I'll keep a better eye on the Gaming section. Just don't browse that forum as much as the older sections. I have taken care of the poster in the first thread/post that you linked, but don't believe that the second is spam. It will be moved to the advertising board though.

All sections are moderated, but I believe that not many mods check out the gaming section. As a mod yourself, you understand that you don't always see the spam especially when it comes in the form of a single post and not a thread. However, I'll keep a better eye on the Gaming section. Just don't browse that forum as much as the older sections. I have taken care of the poster in the first thread/post that you linked, but don't believe that the second is spam. It will be moved to the advertising board though.

Indeed I understand that, but you will probably know as well as I do that most people don't realise the little "report post" button, and even if they do, they generally don't report the post anyway, or can't identify it as spam. To overcome this, and I'm not saying you should do this, just a thought in case something similar could be implemented here, we have over at the other forum you mentioned where I moderate, a report spam thread, where people will post a spam post, user or entire thread, and it works a hell of a lot better than the report button does.

You don't find out via email like you do with the report spam button, which is a bit of a downside, but it is easier to see the full lot and get rid of it, and because people get to bump that little number next to their name up, they will post it in there because they feel they are doing something and contributing

Members used to use the "Report post" button all the time, but don't anymore for some reason :S .

I'll keep a better eye out though, I'm on the forums all day thanks to my 'retarded easy' job, just don't always catch all the spam as, for some reason, when I refresh the site, it often does a "Mark forums as read" function, haven't figured that one out yet...

Members used to use the "Report post" button all the time, but don't anymore for some reason :S
is it because we upgraded the forums software and the icon was replaced with a smaller one that people can not see any more?? Would we benefit froma larger report post icon ?

Members used to use the "Report post" button all the time, but don't anymore for some reason :S .

I'll keep a better eye out though, I'm on the forums all day thanks to my 'retarded easy' job, just don't always catch all the spam as, for some reason, when I refresh the site, it often does a "Mark forums as read" function, haven't figured that one out yet...

The mark forums as read seems to be an issue with vb rather than an issue with your site specifically, it has been around since at least vb3

is it because we upgraded the forums software and the icon was replaced with a smaller one that people can not see any more?? Would we benefit froma larger report post icon ?

You could make it all big and red so it stands out, few people will still use it, it is the same on pretty much all forums. Making it stand out more could potentially help, but imo, I doubt it will. You tend to get regulars that know how to use it and what it is there for that will use it, the rest will just not bother and say "oh, that is spam, ignore it"

make it all big and red so it stands out
I agree, make it bigger, make it bolder, possibly change the position of it.

as for the use of the report spam button, it does get used every day. sometimes multiple times. but obviously not all spam is flagged.

I do just browse around sometimes. but without people reporting stuff things will get missed.

Back
Top Bottom