24" Asus VW246H Full HD LCD Monitor = $265
3X 120mm Coolermaster Fan = $21
Microsoft Wired 600 = $19
Razer Goliathus Control Medium Size Gaming Mouse Pad = $18
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit = $139

TOTAL COST = $2371 AUD

Please rate.

It's right there. "1GB Gigabyte HD 5770" LOL noob

woah....i'm pretty sure he just overlooked it. I did too until i saw your post.

You can't really base it 0-10 unless you give us some parameters. 10 being the fastest super computer in the world? or the fastest alienware you can buy? and 0 being something from the stone ages or something from 2002?

I would say this should last you 3-4 years of gaming and 10+ years for light gaming and other stuff. Compared to most computers its high end. Compared to some of the ridiculous i7 975 plus waterblock cooling, ssd, and sli comps, its average to low average.

What's the CPU clocked at? I mean it'll only be so much without a watercool system but it'd still like to know if you overclocked it or not

You're gonna spend $1700 on a CPU and only get a 5770? You'd be better off with a 920 and a 5970 or even 5850.

Intel Core i7 960 = $587 = waste of money!!!

Pure and simple! Why the hell you want to blow $587 on an Intel Core i7 960 is beyond me..... :eek: Unless your going for an Extreme Edition CPU don't bother with anything above the i7 920. The i7 920 will clock to 3.4Ghz+ without a vcore increase.

And the money you save on the CPU give it all to a very nice GPU cause dang... the HD 5770 ain't nothing to write home about.

Can't really rate the system highly though purely due to the above points i've made. For the amount of money your spending on this 'gaming' machine i'd expect more.

Pure and simple! Why the hell you want to blow $587 on an Intel Core i7 960 is beyond me..... :eek: Unless your going for an Extreme Edition CPU don't bother with anything above the i7 920. The i7 920 will clock to 3.4Ghz+ without a vcore increase.

And the money you save on the CPU give it all to a very nice GPU cause dang... the HD 5770 ain't nothing to write home about.

Can't really rate the system highly though purely due to the above points i've made. For the amount of money your spending on this 'gaming' machine i'd expect more.

I don't want to overclock so that's why I got the no fuss 960. fast and reliable

I don't want to overclock so that's why I got the no fuss 960. fast and reliable

Still a complete waste of money if gaming is your goal with this PC. You will still see much better gaming performance with a 920 and even a 5850.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom