Gaming rig help!

Bordersloth

Solid State Member
...Please let me know what kind of performance I can expect in wow out of this thing! thank you...

To answer your question in one word..."poor", over all, very poor.

Gaming computers are the race car of computers. You've put together a system with most of the weakest components available.

I realize you may be on a very tight budget, but you'd be better off to save your money for a while so you can build something substantial.

That Celeron CPU, would bottleneck any decent graphics card. The HD 6670 is a very low end card. Your PSU needs to be at least 450 watts bare bones minimum. The motherboard you've chosen has only 1 PCI slot, with no expansion potential. A gaming case should be a full tower. Air flow is extremely important for proper cooling, which will be impossible in that case. You never want to use a "Green" drive for your primary HDD. That's fine for a back-up, or data storage drive.

Sorry, I really don't want to sound so negative, but you asked for opinions.

You're trying to build a gaming machine for about $375.00, and that's just impossible. About the lowest end, price wise, for a gaming machine is about $800.00, and that's really the bottom end.

Last edited:
Ok with that being said. What FPS can I see on what settings?

No one is going to be able to tell you with any degree of accuracy what FPS you will see in any particular game. Certainly I cannot, especially because I don't play WoW.

All I can say for certain, is performance will be very poor in any game with the hardware you've chosen.

You need to put your money into a decent processor first and foremost! Celeron is garbage... If your gaming you need a decent graphics card around $100 to $150 range for entry level. Hameister is dead on for PSU. It's probably the most neglected part in a gaming system, but can be VERY critical! I would save $200 and rethink...you'll be disapointed otherwise. If you want a computer for the time being, get a board with onboard video and a better CPU on your current budget. You can always add more memory and a graphics card as you can afford it...

Back
Top Bottom