Gaming Rig advice

Cypher2

Beta member
Hey, you guys always seem to give the best advice, I figured I'd register and ask for some help.

I'm looking to build a gaming PC that will run games like TES:V and BF3 well. I know this sounds really newby, but I figured I might as well start somewhere. I'm just tired of always having to lower my resolution and graphics in order to have fun. I understand that these are the newest games that are about to come out, and that a rig for these is sure to be expensive.

I can spend about $1,500 and really not a whole lot more. If need be 1,700 is okay but that's really it. \Is my price range is realistic? Feel free to correct me if I'm being really unrealistic, I know a little bit about computers, enough to know what all the basic parts do and maintenance and what not but in the grand scheme of things I really don't know much.

Any help and advice is appreciated. If you guys have any specific builds that you know of feel free to lay it on me ^_^

First off, are you confident enough to build your own computer? If not, then I suggest either CyberpowerPC.com, or Ibuypower.com

Here is a build that may be good for your needs:

iBUYPOWER Computer :: Gamer Mage D285

Here is what you should Customize it to:
Case: Anything you like
Processor: [= Six Core =] AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1100T Black Edition Six-Core CPU
Cooling: Choose between liquid cooling or the heatsink. (I suggest the heatsink for non-advanced owners)
Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module
Video Card: AMAZING card that it comes with already, upgrade it if you desire. If willing to upgrade, I suggest the GTX 570
MotherBoard: Keep it at what it is... unless you are eventually going to add another graphics card.
Power Supply: 800 Watt -- Standard
Hard Drive: Keep it at what it is.
Accesories: Choose what you desire.
This computer would murder any game you throw at it, and it would end up at a total of $1299 with shipping.
(Note: They build the computer for you)

1156 is a dying platform. I wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole. Switch out the motherboard and CPU in iSpaz's config with a Gigabyte or Asus based Socket 1155 board and an Intel i5 / i7 Socket 1155 CPU and you'll be golden. I'd upgrade the GPU a bit, maybe do a 560 if you can do it.

Back
Top Bottom