gaming processor and mobo

I was looking at new parts as well. I will have to check out your list.

I do have a lot of music and a handfull of dvds on my pc.

I'm mainly building it to game. Counter Strike: Source, Supreme Commander, Battle Field 2142, and some other less "needy" games.

But I'm also using it for school. Papers, power point, CAD, Visual Basic, etc/

If you've got a large collection of music and dvd's on there you definatley would want to get a second storage hdd. You could set it up so your os is on the raptor which is a faster drive, and then put everything else on a larger drive. like this one: its still faster than a normal 7200rpm drive because it has the perpendicular recording feature which is nice and also has a 16mb cache, plus 500GB should be plenty of storage for your music and some dvd's plus its only $150 which leaves you another $150 for dvd drive etc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148136

Did you forget to add a PSU in there hascet or didn't put one in for a reason? I would link one but i'm not the best with PSU's..

Matt

i would never run an OCZ GameXstream in such a high end computer. Look into the Silverstone ST75Z, OP750, or DA750. If not, try and get your hands on a Zippy/Emacs. Other good ones are PC Power and Cooling, but those are a little more expensive. To me, the Silverstone's are the best for you money.

Back
Top Bottom