Gaming PC hardware opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Point Break

Baseband Member
I am soon going to be building a new PC and I would jsut like to see some other peoples opinions on Hardware. For example is the nvidia 7900 worth the money over the 7800? What motherboards do you recommend? Preformance wise who do you prefer AMD or Intel and why? any other little bits of information you think may be useful would be great. Thank you all

1) there are different 7800 and 7900's.

2) there's a new wave of processors coming. You should wait a few days. As for now, AMD (Athlon's), but see above.

3)Mobos: DFI, MSI, ASUS. Any of those are good, and select others.

4)Use the search feature. This stuff has been asked hundreds of times. Literally.

massacreinfallx said:
go amd am2 its where the future is headed and it tops intel performance wise

No, I would wait for Conroe (Intel's next line of CPUs). Looking at preliminary results, Conroe is well on its way to destroying the AM2 line and giving Intel the gaming performance crown back.

I'm gonna wait at least one or two weeks after Conroe comes out to make my decision. By then, I'll have some inkling of whether to go Athlon X2 or not.

1) The Geforce 7900GT is probably one of the best bang for the buck cards out right now. And it overclocks amazingly.

2) Right now, AMD is dominating Intel in price, performance and efficiency. However, looking in to the future 8 days. Intel will be releasing it's next generation of processors, named Core 2 Duo (codenamed Conroe). Conroe is going to dominate AMD's lineup. However, next year in H1 2007, AMD will be releasing K8L lineup. We have seen Conroe perform and it's amazing, but we haven't seen K8L perform yet, so K8L's performance is still just speculation.

3) Motherboards: DFI is best for overclocking (At least with AMD, not sure about Intel). Asus is probably the most stable motherboard maker out, very trustworthy. I also like MSI and Gigabyte.

reckliss said:
k8l is suppose to dominate the conroe (says many computer mags)

I wouldn't doubt that K8L will beat some of the Conroes coming out. But I think Intel will still have the edge for price/performance and efficiency.

If you could find some sources, I would love to read them.

Spartan666 said:
No, I would wait for Conroe (Intel's next line of CPUs). Looking at preliminary results, Conroe is well on its way to destroying the AM2 line and giving Intel the gaming performance crown back.
supposedly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom