gaming operating system

Not sure but arent PS3's dual core with like a gig of ram? You would need a pretty damn nice old PC to compare to a PS3. I think the 360 has a tri core IBM processor too. But w/e sounds intresting.

ps3's actually have like 8 core processors... its pretty cool stuff, and there is the problem... the hardware on the PS3 is so complicated no companies have the time or knowhow to develop games to run on this hardware, the 8 cores are seperated and made to process different parts of the game, like 1 core dedicated to physics, 1 dedicated to AI, 1 dedicated to lighting, and so on and so fourth. the processors if i remember correctly were developed by IBM and supposed to revolutionize computing, but i dont see that happening right now...

EDIT: i found the link for the hardware info on the PS3, its actually really interesting to read about, i guess i was off by a core, its 7 if i understood that correctly, enjoy :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_hardware

but yea, overall i think developing a pc gaming operating system would be a great idea, you should get some patents or something and seriously pursue it, and bring it to microsoft's attention and get in on some profit

but like i was saying
you don't need as much power as the ps3
most of its cores are BARELY used for even its best games
and for a single person
an average computer could become much better
with a better os
has anybody ever tried putting linux on an old pc?
windows:5 min boot time 1min firefox boot time
linus:30sec boot time 5sec firefox boot time
true specs
imagine if games worked liked that

but like i was saying
you don't need as much power as the ps3
most of its cores are BARELY used for even its best games
and for a single person
an average computer could become much better
with a better os
has anybody ever tried putting linux on an old pc?
windows:5 min boot time 1min firefox boot time
linus:30sec boot time 5sec firefox boot time
true specs
imagine if games worked liked that

ya no kidding, ps3 is crazy powerful, i totally agree, if somebody were to make an operating system directly for games, that'd be sweet... maybe some type of deal where you just boot up, come to a welcome screen that displays all of your games you currently have installed, some misc. programs for tweaking and internet, then all you have to do is click on a game and within seconds you're playing... cool stuff, i seriously think this is a good idea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3_hardware

but yea, overall i think developing a pc gaming operating system would be a great idea, you should get some patents or something and seriously pursue it, and bring it to microsoft's attention and get in on some profit
im kinda too young to do that lol(14)
i was talking about it with some friends
i did some research and you need to actually write the software/os
before you can copyright
if anybody else can write the software...
be my guest
i don't really care about the money as long as somebody eventually comes
out with a gaming os

im kinda too young to do that lol(14)
i was talking about it with some friends
i did some research and you need to actually write the software/os
before you can copyright
if anybody else can write the software...
be my guest
i don't really care about the money as long as somebody eventually comes
out with a gaming os

eh, nobody is too young to do anything, im only 16 and im already planning out my business im going to start in college, i have taxes inline, copyrights inline, website designers inline, commercial space inline all that stuff, its just a matter of getting ahold of the right people :)

thats some good advice
the hardest part is getting people to help you
i don't think microsoft would like a 14 yr old proposing
and operating system superior to their own in games
but what would also be really hard, is that you have to have windows emulation code
or actual windows code if you want to be able to run current games
the only way i see that happening is if microsfot actually would accept my idea,
or if somebody came out randomly with a really powerful emulator
but the emulator would have to be 1 to 1 speed or that would defeat the purpose of the os

thats some good advice
the hardest part is getting people to help you
i don't think microsoft would like a 14 yr old proposing
and operating system superior to their own in games
but what would also be really hard, is that you have to have windows emulation code
or actual windows code if you want to be able to run current games
the only way i see that happening is if microsfot actually would accept my idea,
or if somebody came out randomly with a really powerful emulator
but the emulator would have to be 1 to 1 speed or that would defeat the purpose of the os

ya, well do some research, lol, but yea, i do hope somebody out there comes out with a new dedicated gaming OS, microsoft is releasing windows 7 next year or later this year, not sure yet, but they are going to totally do away with vista like they did with ME

eh, nobody is too young to do anything, im only 16 and im already planning out my business im going to start in college, i have taxes inline, copyrights inline, website designers inline, commercial space inline all that stuff, its just a matter of getting ahold of the right people :)
just out of curiosity
what kind of company?

also,
we could try making an open source operating system like linux,
or make a gaming os based off of linux
both which would be very hard because i have absolutely no hardware programming experience
i can do software programming tho :)

i like the sound of it. a gaming Os built to utilize the whole of your hardware for the game, not just for running background programs as well. then you could dual boot it with windows or linux etc for when youre not gaming

just out of curiosity
what kind of company?

also,
we could try making an open source operating system like linux,
or make a gaming os based off of linux
both which would be very hard because i have absolutely no hardware programming experience
i can do software programming tho :)

i plan on having a computer company type deal, start out real small, but i think i can change things, as long as i get my advertising, which is why i plan on focusing towards that in college so i can put a lot more into it, there's many changes that need to be made in the computer industry, dell is simply ripping people off, if i get my word out that IT isnt THAT expensive, then i might have something :)

Back
Top Bottom