Gaming Notebooks

swisscosmo

Beta member
hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i'm new here. well umm i have one question I'm looking for a new Gaming Notebook and I want your sudgestions. I Have being looking at the Gateway P-7811 FX becuase its cheap and very powerful for the price, and Sager but I got turned off from Gateway becuase people say there Tech support sucks and when your a gamer like me you need good tech support if your comp breaks or crashes. So what do you guys recommend? The only requirments are it must be below $2900 Canadian but I would love it to be less. and I would prefer it to have a Nividia Graphics card and a Intel Processer becuase i know about those and i don't really know much about the other kinds. And your probbibly thinking "why a Notebook not a desktop" and i need it to be a notebook beucase of protability cause i am on the move lots.

I know people don't recommend Alienware, but they have many gaming laptops. Look at Dells (XPS) too, I think they have decent customer service and they don't load you with crapware.

I know people don't recommend Alienware, but they have many gaming laptops. Look at Dells (XPS) too, I think they have decent customer service and they don't load you with crapware.

Dell and Alienware are of the same company, and Dell isn't a good brand.
Get HP, I've heard they are good, and I have tried out an Acer which seems alright.

I do realize they are the same company, but some people don't know that. There isn't a best brand. It's all about chance and experience. My experience with Dell has been great; I've never had a problem with them. Some people who buy Dell equipment might get DOA or something might malfunction, therefore they quickly proceed to assume the company is bad.

Why isn't Dell a good brand? I know several people that have them (some older models) and they don't complain about them.

Why isn't Dell a good brand? I know several people that have them (some older models) and they don't complain about them.

People that I know have Dells including my father and godfather had them and hate them. Dell doesn't compare to the other brands like HP and even Acer and Asus. Dell is a cheap company.

Just to let you know my IT teacher bought a Alienware. He said the support was pretty bad. He had to return it due to a Hardware failure and it took months to get back. When he called them, they wouldn't tell him anything that was going on.

Hardware is hardware though. You buy the best hardware with any Brand... It's all about the support for the hardware...

Just to let you know my IT teacher bought a Alienware. He said the support was pretty bad. He had to return it due to a Hardware failure and it took months to get back. When he called them, they wouldn't tell him anything that was going on.

Hardware is hardware though. You buy the best hardware with any Brand... It's all about the support for the hardware...

That's -1 for Dell.

I heard that they outsourced their customer service and had problems with that. How long ago did he buy the Alienware?

When i was a intern in HS. We bought many Dells. I would say about 60% of them were crap. The most common problem was that, the mobo died, PSU, HDD. PSU and HDD were easily replaceable.

But on the other hand. Dells Customer Support wasnt too bad. They sent us a few new parts.

Also, My dad had a Dell. It was ok. It started having issues. First it was the ram. Then the HDD started making noises. Almost like a clunking noise. Then it was toast.

I personally dont like Dell. thats just my opinion though. Alot of peole dont have problems with their Dell's.

I heard that they outsourced their customer service and had problems with that. How long ago did he buy the Alienware?

Alot of companies have out sourced. Even HP/Compaq. I dont like it. Alot of times you get someone you cant understand. Which pisses me off.

Back
Top Bottom