Gaming Laptop(couple questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotnpankake

Baseband Member
Ok, so I am gonna be getting a new computer soon. I was going to build a desktop, but I'm going to want portability. So here are my questions:

1: Can a laptop be comparable in speed to a desktop build?

2: Whats the fastest processor for a laptop (I will be using lots of high demand programs)?

3: Whats a good dedicated video card for gaming?

4: As kind of a side note not specific to laptops-- would a quad-core at 2 ghz for example be faster than a dual core at 2 ghz? Does the extra 2 cores double the speed or what?

EDIT: Could you recommend a good laptop (budget is like, $1500 or so) that can handle gaming and high cpu demanding programs?

1. It depends on the desktop build.

2. I've seen some notebooks come with top of the line i7 processors.

3. The GeForce GTX 280M SLI

4. I don't have time to explain at this moment, I apologize.

Try taking a look at these, whatever fits your budget:

ASUS N81 Series N81Vp-D2 NoteBook

ASUS N81 Series N81Vp-D2 NoteBook

I highly recommend this laptop whenever it becomes available however...
ASUS G Series G51J-A1 NoteBook

On a side note, be sure to stay away from HP, Acer, Gateway and lenovo(not like they make gaming laptops, but you should be aware nonetheless)

tootles..

I personally have a Dell XPS laptop. It is nearly 2 years old now, but it is still great for gaming and I haven't upgraded it at all. I used to use a desktop, but with University work and such I found a laptop much easier.

A lot of the time however it is not just about whether a laptop is capable. I'm sure you should easily find a laptop out there within your budget that will play the top of the range games. It is also about what games you play. For example, I had no problem playing WoW on a laptop, but I know a lot of my friends hated it because they felt they didn't have enough UI space. I personally hate playing FPS's on a laptop, but if you have a TV/Monitor lying around, and a spare keyboard, you can just hook them up and play like that. A lot of the time it's just personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom