Gaming Desktop.

Gingbimo

Beta member
Apologies if i have posted this in the wrong thread, as I am completely new to this forum.
I was wondering if anyone could take a look at this desktop PC and tell me what they think, I'm pretty much looking for a computer that can handle games such as WoW starcraft 2 etc and was wondering how well this spec could handle it, any reccomendations/critiscisms are welcome :) thanks in advance.

Configuration

• CPU: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X6 1055T Six-Core CPU ***Overclockable XXX ***
  • HDD: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16M Cache Hard Drive (Single Hard Drive)
  • MEMORY: 4GB (2x2GB) PC10666 DDR3/1333mhz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M4N68T-M V2 NF630A AM3 DDR3/1066 SATA PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card [+28] (Major Brand Power by ATI)

I think this should be in hardware.
Anyways, I don't build with AMD often. I'm a Intel man.
However, the hard drive seems to be low on cache. That could impact loading times.
The ram is fine however, I would go with a motherboard that supports triple channel memory and get triple channel ram.
The video card is a nice card and should work well with WoW and Starcraft 2. (I personally go with Nvidia cards because they support physx and can reduce the load on the cpu and RAM.)

Hi..

I do like the sound of your gaming PC, However there are a couple of things i would change / alter "Not the Processor :p As i like AMD"

I would deffo look into another HDD, I would keep the 1Tb for storage, Music, Videos, Photos and so on, But I'm Guessing this is a slow RPM / Cache HDD I would want to buy the fastest hard drive i can afford along side your storage HDD to keep windows, Games running at top speeds. I currently have a cheap HDD which drags my load time down and benchmarking. But as you have not gave us hdd model, make etc i could be wrong.

Your GPU, The card is fine for gaming :) However the Mobo is a Nvidia chipset which out of my own choice i like to keep the brands matching, A lot of people will disagree. But due to your Mobo not supporting SLI you can stick with your ATI GPU :). "I do agree with BrokenAtrai as i currently use Nvidia" Plus there are great 3D packs out there for 3D Gaming and Films ... future thinking :)

.. From one AMD user to another i never use the factory heatsink that comes with the processor, I grapped myself a nice Zalman only reason i mentioned is because you may wanna overclock.

Back
Top Bottom