Gaming Computer! parts/help/ideas?

Yes the i3 is better than the AMD chip for gaming. Paired with a good video card it can actually do quite a bit because its single threaded performance far outweighs that of the Athlon. Your only other alternative is to get a high end Kaveri APU which is getting into i5 territory which is better than any APU on the market. Just makes more sense to get the i3 if you can afford it.

Just looked at there web site and they have the I7 4770k for $249 and the I5 4670k for $179, That's a great price, have one about an hour away, might take a ride to just check them out, Gonna be a little much on gas in my truck but gotta have a little fun hehe, won't really save me any money putting 120 miles on a V-8 but will be nice to see one of the micro centers. Might come home with lots of stuff too hehe

Last edited:
I said about the same performance, but never go by the chip makers benchmarks lol.

THe thing is you can get the 750ti for cheaper than both the 650ti boost and 660 and the absolute maximum consumption is less than 75w. We will be seeing single slot cards with no power connector required soon I suspect, and cheaper than 150 as well.

Ok, my bad... forgot 'about' :p

anywho: Explain why I shouldn't use the chip makers own benchmarks when it comes to comparing their own products? I can perfectly understand when they are comparing themselves to their competition, not their own.

Is this a golden rule I should learn/know about? What is your reliable source of info (site wise) where you get benchmark info? I know you tested a lot of things on your own, but I ain't going to do that myself xD

Thanks for the help guys i really do appreciate it! and showing me that deal! Now i gotta think! now haha but back to the Intel 3 and the AMD CPU i plan on getting i been watching video and they say that CPU can run Battle field 4 and other hardcore games between medium/high/ultra on good FPS but like i said thank you for the the suggestion :) <3

I play BF4 on my AMD Phenom II 965 quad. A couple of my clanmates are using octo-cores and say that the game runs smooth as silk on them. If I had the money I would already be all over the deal on them.

Ok, my bad... forgot 'about' :p

anywho: Explain why I shouldn't use the chip makers own benchmarks when it comes to comparing their own products? I can perfectly understand when they are comparing themselves to their competition, not their own.

Is this a golden rule I should learn/know about? What is your reliable source of info (site wise) where you get benchmark info? I know you tested a lot of things on your own, but I ain't going to do that myself xD
Because they could still be biased in other ways. I get my info from the majority of reliable reviewing sites. TPU, Guru3D, Anand, ToT, and Linus because he benches like I do. Not to mention my own knowledge of the products.

Thanks for the help guys i really do appreciate it! and showing me that deal! Now i gotta think! now haha but back to the Intel 3 and the AMD CPU i plan on getting i been watching video and they say that CPU can run Battle field 4 and other hardcore games between medium/high/ultra on good FPS but like i said thank you for the the suggestion :) <3
If you can get the 8320 that would be your best bet. Otherwise the i3 would be a better buy than the Athlon.

Back
Top Bottom